Weird Ebay Auctions!!!!!!

Old October 22nd 03, 05:40 PM
Steve

Default Weird Ebay Auctions!!!!!!

I have been seeing alot of fishy Ebay auction lately on Jukes. They
all seem to be from good sellers with 100% good feedback ratings. The
problem is they all are too good to be true prices with bidding only
from pre-approved bidders. Take a look at this one. I'm not saying it
is bougus but it sure is suspicious.

Old October 22nd 03, 06:39 PM
Harold

Steve:
I was looking at that also. It's sounds suspicious to me also. I think
he/she has two up for sale like that.

HB
om...

Old October 22nd 03, 06:44 PM
Tony Miklos

Steve wrote:
I have been seeing alot of fishy Ebay auction lately on Jukes. They
all seem to be from good sellers with 100% good feedback ratings. The
problem is they all are too good to be true prices with bidding only
from pre-approved bidders. Take a look at this one. I'm not saying it
is bougus but it sure is suspicious.

Weird indeed. A new CD OMT for $2,000 buy it now with free shipping?
Something funny going on there. Is this a scheme to lower the value of
jukes so he can buy them cheap? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

--
Tony
Old October 22nd 03, 06:56 PM
Mike

Yes, I saw that also. Also notice they are using the prescreen bidder
feature. I would be willing to bet that the seller will disclose the
"hidden" charges at that time.

While on the subject o scammers, I happened to throw in a bid on that
Wurlitzer Colonial some weeks back that VG was selling. Just after it closed
I had a couple of different overseas entities email me asking if I was
interested in one they had for sale. They insisted on Western Union pmt only
(big flag there)and they really didn't speak the juke lingo. Just toying
with them, I asked for more pics and never got a response.

Please be careful when approached by such folks and let your gut instincts
prevail.

Mike in Dallas

Old October 23rd 03, 12:13 AM
classic tech

GUYS !!! You had the right nose for it, may I draw your attention to this
link : http://www.marketware-tech.com/wur10onemort.html copy & paste it in
your browser and see what happens !

Even the link to the pictures is the same...... if you do a right mouse
klick an see under preferences.

The above mentoined link belongs to HT market.com in Chicago IL, auctions
items location states MA. Retail price on this webpage is 5799.00$

Thanks for bringing this up.

L Lafontaine

Old October 23rd 03, 01:39 AM
Don Lanway

Odd indeed.. I may have to resort to this type of auction, as I have been
stiffed twice now auctioning a Seeburg SCD1-A jukebox.. wish I could take
legal (or illegal) action against these jerks. Of course they're thousands
of miles away..

Don

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
I have been seeing alot of fishy Ebay auction lately on Jukes. They
all seem to be from good sellers with 100% good feedback ratings. The
problem is they all are too good to be true prices with bidding only
from pre-approved bidders. Take a look at this one. I'm not saying it
is bougus but it sure is suspicious.

---

Old October 23rd 03, 01:40 AM
Keith Stelter

I hear you!
I wish I had a bogus Ebay account so that I could email him and ask to be an
approved bidder.
It HAS to be a scam of some type where he is gathering emails addresses or
trying to get info or something. Maybe when you ask to be an approved bidder
he asks for financial info (bank accounts, credit card info, etc.).
Actually I just thought of a way to check this out.
I'll report back if I get a reply from him.
Keith
om...

Old October 23rd 03, 11:39 PM
Jay Hennigan

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:44:41 -0700, Tony Miklos wrote:

Steve wrote:
I have been seeing alot of fishy Ebay auction lately on Jukes. They all
seem to be from good sellers with 100% good feedback ratings. The
problem is they all are too good to be true prices with bidding only
from pre-approved bidders. Take a look at this one. I'm not saying it
is bougus but it sure is suspicious.

Weird indeed. A new CD OMT for $2,000 buy it now with free shipping?
Something funny going on there. Is this a scheme to lower the value of
jukes so he can buy them cheap? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

He gives a story about being in London and the juke is in the states,
bought it to ship overseas but can't afford it. Please Western Union the
funds to him and he'll ship the juke right away. I would *HIGHLY*
recommend third-party escrow for anyone considering this. Not saying
it's a scam, but if it is you'll have a hard time getting your money
back.

And, there's this...

His email comes via a Hotmail account with this header:

$ nslookup 80.97.181.163

163.181.97.80.in-addr.arpa name = cdma-3g1x-181-163.zappmobile.ro

This tells me that his email originates from an IP-enabled CDMA cell phone
in Romania. Caveat emptor.
Old October 24th 03, 03:29 AM
Joshua DeLorenzo

These have been showing up on high ticket items. These are likely "hijacked"
accounts and a complete scam.

"Keith Stelter" wrote in message
I hear you!
I wish I had a bogus Ebay account so that I could email him and ask to be

an
approved bidder.
It HAS to be a scam of some type where he is gathering emails addresses or
trying to get info or something. Maybe when you ask to be an approved

bidder
he asks for financial info (bank accounts, credit card info, etc.).
Actually I just thought of a way to check this out.
I'll report back if I get a reply from him.
Keith
om...

Old October 24th 03, 03:49 AM
Keith Stelter

Yeah,
Someone got a reply from the seller pulling one of these scam auctions for a
new pinball machine for $1,200.00 when the "real" price should be $4,000.00.
The seller said that the buyer would have to wire the money to a foreign
bank account via Western Union and then the machine would ship to him.
RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIGHT!
"Joshua DeLorenzo" wrote in message
These have been showing up on high ticket items. These are likely

"hijacked"
accounts and a complete scam.

"Keith Stelter" wrote in message
I hear you!
I wish I had a bogus Ebay account so that I could email him and ask to

be
an
approved bidder.
It HAS to be a scam of some type where he is gathering emails addresses

or
trying to get info or something. Maybe when you ask to be an approved

bidder
he asks for financial info (bank accounts, credit card info, etc.).
Actually I just thought of a way to check this out.
I'll report back if I get a reply from him.
Keith
om...