SEEBURG SPS160 ?

Old September 28th 03, 04:12 PM
Terry Kuhns

(Joe) wrote in message . com...
Hi there. When you cleaned "the bar with the tits" was this the bar
"above " the magazine rack, or the one "below" (you need to remove the
front door and lay on the floor in the "Seeburg position" and look up
at the Tormat bar) The lower bar is what needs to be clean to find
records, the upper one just makes the lites to the selection numbers
work (I do believe). Clean the bar with a "plastic safe" solvent, and
then scrub with an eraser to remove guk.

Ron Rich has a great booklet available for repairing these kinds of
problems, it sure helped me! I know he has a hyperlink on Mr. Tony
Millers website.

Yours, Joe

Thanks for the info, Joe :-) I did clean both the upper and lower bars
but made no difference.
Do you have the url to Mr. Millers website? If so, I would greatly
appreciate it!

Thanks,
Terry
Old September 28th 03, 05:55 PM
Merlin Amusements

You have to clean and adjust the detent switch by the motor. Don't file it.
That will act like a dirty tormat.
Mike

Old September 29th 03, 02:39 AM
Joe

Tony Miller's site is at home.pacbell.net/fmillera/. I believe that
should work. Sorry I can't be of more help (I'm a rookie myself). But
definately get Ron Rich's book. I would like to get Tony's amplifier
book some day soon too.

Yours, Joe
Old September 29th 03, 11:01 PM
Joe

One other thing, in checking voltages on the DCC case at the on
labeled +27v I only have 254 Mv. I don't have the 27v at the Q3114 on
any connection. Where does the +27v originate from?

Thanks,
Terry

Try

Yours, Joe
p.s. I have a STD160 (Vogue II)
Old October 2nd 03, 01:39 AM
Ken G.

I dont think i would believe any of this ? no one could figure out a
simple problem with a Q100 how can anyone possibly figure this one out ?

Old October 11th 03, 02:12 PM
Terry Kuhns

The cable going into the tormat will have a very low resistance, which
will look like a short. This is normal. Have you wiggled the rca plug
in and out of the DCC jack while the juke is searching for a selection
and it still didn't select? If so you probably have a bad DCC. Start
out by changing all the electrolytic capacitors in it, and cleaning the
plug connections on the circuit boards.

Tony,

I have tried wiggling the jacks, even tried the battery test but the
result was still the same. I have checked/cleaned all the plugs and
plug connections so my next step will be to replace all the elect.
caps as you said. I have replaced 2 of them on the power supply board
as 1 was broken off and the other was leaking. I guess caps are caps
and just like on the older pins it is best to replace them, eliminates
a lot of trouble down the road!!

Thanks for the info on where to go next!!

-Terry

Followup: juke is now working!!!

I replaced the caps as was suggested and it still didn't work.... I
got to checking voltages on the DCC and was missing the +27v. I
backtracked and rechecked my work and found I had put a cap in
backwards on the power supply, DUH! I changed it to the correct
position and still no +27v. I found a blown fuse on the power supply
(they were all fine when checked previously!), replaced it and now the
juke works great!!

As far as my original problem of it not making selections, the problem
was in the caps as Tony suggested! I put in fresh caps which I got
from Vern Tisdale, he puts them in a great package BTW, with
schematics and parts labelled.

I would like to thank everyone's suggestions and tips, they were all
very helpful in working out this problem!

Thanks again,
-Terry
Old October 11th 03, 11:02 PM
amyotte

Thanks for the update Terry.
I am again working on my SPS160 and enjoy reading success stories.

Brian

om...

Old October 13th 03, 04:17 AM
Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner

Congrats!!!!

im glad you got it up and running they are a great 70's phonograph!

next stop on mine is cleaning the selector and giving it a coat of paint

Jim W

Old September 3rd 10, 01:00 AM
Chad Hebert Chad Hebert is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner View Post
PS: check the grey box connections also

Jim W

"Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner" wrote in
message k.net...
The same thing happend to mine.

it was the RCA jack had a broken wire in it check the whole cable for
nicks if it shorts agains the metal it wont trip the mech properly

make
sure the rRCA jack is clan and making good contact

make a slection see if it picks it up

if not:

with the upper door open make a slection or just start the mech from
service switch unplug the RCA jack while it is scanning and plug it back
in it should pick up a slection if it does the that is not the

problem
it may be further in the DCC.

Jim W

"Terry Kuhns"
wrote in message
om...
I have a Seeburg SPS160 with a problem I hope someone can help me
figure out...the machine will start up fine but when you punch in a
selection the carriage (?) will run back and forth one or two times
and then stop without picking out the selection. The owner told me it
used to work fine but over time it started acting up now and then but
has now gotten to the point where it will not pick up any selection.

So far I have cleaned the bar (the one with the solid brass rail and
the row of round "dots") and the leaf switches but that did not make
any difference. I can manually make it pick up a record and it plays
just fine and will reject the record when you push the reject button.

Can someone tell me where I need to start with this problem or what to
look for?

Thanks in advance,
Terry Kuhns

Terry Kuhns have you fixed this yet I have same model doing the same thing let me know if you found the problem. Thanks Chad