People are stupid

Old August 26th 07, 09:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edward McGrath

Default People are stupid

It's been a long time since I've read any posts in RCC so I thought I'd
check out what's new and see what I've been missing. I can't believe
these silly attacks are still going on against you Reid. You've been
honest many times in admitting that you used a sock puppet a dozen years
ago for a few days and these flametards will not relent in their attacks
against you!. You really have to wonder what twisted motives they have
for continually bringing up this long dead issue. Jealousy comes to
mind, or they just need to get a life! :-)

Eat bacon and cheese sandwiches dipped in lard and you'll have heart
disease in 10 years? But I thought that was an Atkins meal! :-)

Old August 26th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 04:41:50 -0400, (Edward
McGrath) wrote:

It's been a long time since I've read any posts in RCC so I thought I'd
check out what's new and see what I've been missing. I can't believe
these silly attacks are still going on against you Reid. You've been
honest many times in admitting that you used a sock puppet a dozen years
ago for a few days and these flametards will not relent in their attacks
against you!. You really have to wonder what twisted motives they have
for continually bringing up this long dead issue. Jealousy comes to
mind, or they just need to get a life! :-)

It's easy to see where they're coming from, Ed. It's a weakness they
have, a weakness of discernment. Their mistake isn't in focusing on
this week-long sockpuppet episode of mine while ignoring the other
instances in which people were caught using sockpuppets for far longer
but rather in not seeing that I enjoy it, mostly, when they bring this
up. Instead of bothering me, it's empowering. Admitting a mistake,
approached from the right perspective, strengthens you, helping
prevent you from making it or similar mistakes again. It also helps
cleanse your soul. A good soul cleansing is like a wiping off your
glasses. You see better.

Eat bacon and cheese sandwiches dipped in lard and you'll have heart
disease in 10 years? But I thought that was an Atkins meal! :-)

That's funny. But sad too because these Atkins people convinced a lot
of people that a quick weight loss with very low carbs and lots of
saturated fat and cholesterol was the way to go. The pendulum seems to
be shifting back though to a much healthier balance.

--

Email:
(delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old August 27th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edward McGrath

Atkins was a genius that improved the lives of many over weight people
and a lot of type two diabetics were able to stop taking their pills as
a result of being on that diet. I have nothing but praise for Atkins so
I guess I'm one of "those" Atkins people! lol. What ever works for you,
go for it. Ed

Old August 27th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC

"Edward McGrath" wrote in message
Atkins was a genius that improved the lives of many over weight people
and a lot of type two diabetics were able to stop taking their pills as
a result of being on that diet. I have nothing but praise for Atkins so
I guess I'm one of "those" Atkins people! lol. What ever works for you,
go for it. Ed

Atkins is not a long term solution. I know someone personally who was no
longer diabetic after doing an Atkins diet so it can be of some beneift.
Some time after that he had to stop because the lack of carbs was causing
him to feel fatigued all the time.

I think the lesson to take away is that limiting carbs can be a beneift.
Ultimately though you do need balance.

Old August 27th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edward McGrath

Hi PC, Unfortunately there is no cure for diabetes as of yet. If your
friend was diagnosed by a doctor as being a diabetic then he is still a
diabetic. The Atkins diet is not a cure for diabetes. What the Atkins
diet does for some type 2 diabetics is lower their blood sugar enough
so they may stop taking the pills for the disease when their doctor
feels it's safe for them to do so.

Atkins has some benefits? It's the diet that can enable some type 2
diabetics to control their own blood sugar and slow the progression of
their disease!. Once you go off the atkins diet and introduce more
healthy carbs which I take you meant by "balance" your blood sugar will
rise until you're faced with the choice of either going back on the
diabetes pills or the Atkins diet, which one would you prefer?
For some people the Atkins diet is the only solution for this long term
problem.

I knew two guys (non diabetics) that went on the Atkins diet and passed
out. I'm not a doctor! so I'm only guessing when I say I think the diet
might pose problems for some people with normal blood sugar levels.

Old August 27th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ukraina Dvi

"Edward McGrath" wrote in message
Hi PC, Unfortunately there is no cure for diabetes as of yet.

Not quite...

I know someone that has been cured of diabetes, it is possible and happens
probably daily. But it doesn't happen for most people that are diabetic
because it involves a pancreas transplant, and then they only do that if you
have had a kidney transplant that is better off with a pancreas controlling
glucose levels.