RCC Limerick Coin Contest Voting Thread

Old July 7th 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus[_2_]

Default RCC Limerick Coin Contest Voting Thread

"PC" wrote in message
The time has come for voting for you favorite limerick. The winner is the
person who gets the most votes from other RCC members. The bonus winner

has
been picked by me but will not be revealed until the vote winner is

picked.

Here's my selection:

Mr. Jaggers
---
Five grand for a Morgan he traded, (9)
A 93-S it was dated. (9)
He sent it for slabbing, (6)
And now he is blabbing (6)
About what it's worth market graded. (9)

Old July 7th 07, 09:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message Anka wrote:

On Jul 6, 4:26=EF=BF=BDpm, "PC" wrote:

[snip]
---
There lives a fine dealer named Stein (8)
Who sells coins I wish were all mine (8)
And though they're so nice (5)
I looked at the price (5)
Decided to settle for "Fine" (8)

My vote goes to:

Xnt023 comcast.net
---
There lives a fine dealer named Stein (8)
Who sells coins I wish were all mine (8)
And though they're so nice (5)
I looked at the price (5)
Decided to settle for "Fine" (8)

My vote is for this one also.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old July 7th 07, 10:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob

"PC" wrote in message
The time has come for voting for you favorite limerick. The
winner is the person who gets the most votes from other RCC
members. The bonus winner has been picked by me but will not be
revealed until the vote winner is picked.

To review:

1) You may not vote for yourself
2) It is sufficient to state the poster's name but if you want to
assign your vote to a particular limerick please do.
3) One vote per person and please, no sock puppets.

They were all great !!!!
Hard to pick just one but here is my choice:

Xnt023 comcast.net
---
There lives a fine dealer named Stein (8)
Who sells coins I wish were all mine (8)
And though they're so nice (5)
I looked at the price (5)
Decided to settle for "Fine" (8)

Bob-tx

Old July 7th 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

Lots of great limericks in there, and no easy choice for me! But I finally
decided that

numist

has the best one! Many thanks for the contest, Patrick! It's been a ton of
fun!

Amistad
'trying to stay dry in Texas!'

Old July 7th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
JLR

My vote goes to:

Mr. Jaggers

thanks
Jorge

Old July 8th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Steve...has tiger firmly by tail

it was a tough pick. But liked Mr Jaggers .. Five grand for a
Morgan...