Global warming: It's HEEEEEERE....

Old August 14th 06, 01:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

Default Global warming: It's SO EFFING here

Sunoco premium 93 octane-KING OF THE ROAD wrote:
You've been outed as a poser. I've built more engines than you'll ever
see- studied this for years professionally- am degreed in it-

I hope you've been neutered so you don't reproduce.

and have
drag raced since 1982.

Youch. Picture Nudo in a dress, trying to climb into the General Lee
thru the window. And the window's up.

Old August 14th 06, 01:24 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
[email protected]

Sunoco premium 93 octane-KING OF THE ROAD wrote:
You need to change your ways Joe- otherwise, you're immortal soul

That's YOUR, the possessive, not YOU'RE, a contraction short for "you
are".

will
spin off to hell when you die...

Kinda like "Joanie Loves Chachi", the "Happy Days" spin-off that spun
right off into hell after 13 episodes?

that's why it matters.

Thank Jesus you don't believe the **** you spout. :-)

I tell you for your own good- CHANGE.

Can't change sexual orientation. Like you care anyway.

Old August 14th 06, 01:40 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

Default Global warming my ASS !! (Part I)

Try reading a REAL financial paper, Noodles, like the Financial Times.
Different story entirely. That rag you just quoted is a laughing
stock.

Actually, *I* quoted it from the National Post out of Toronto. One
of many newspapers from all sides that I enjoy reading. Friends in Toronto
verify the gist of the story this summer. A near perfect summer here in
Winnipeg as well, insofar as most people are concerned. Since I work
outdoors, I like a summer right around 22 C however.
But hey, remember these scientific postulations from the 70s. Sure
shifted gears rapidly to global warming from global cooling.
- Meteorologists disagree about the cause and extent of the cooling
trend.....But they are almost unanimous in the view that the trend will
reduce agricultural productivity for the rest of the century. Peter Gwynne,
Newsweek April 28, 1975

- The threat of a new ice age must now stand alongside nuclear war as a
likely source of wholesale death and misery for mankind. Nigel Calder,
International Wildlife July 1975

- The cooling has already killed hundreds of thousands of people in poor
nations....If it continues, and no strong measures are taken to deal with
it, the cooling will cause world famine, world chaos, and probably world
war, and this could all come by the year 2000. Lowell Ponte, The Cooling
1976

- The continued rapid cooling of the earth since World War II is also in
accord with the increased global air pollution associated with
industrialization, mechanization, urbanization, and an exploding population.
Reid Bryson, Global Ecology Readings Toward A Rational Strategy For Man,
1971

- An increase by only a factor of four in global aerosol; background
concentration may be sufficient to reduce the surface temperature by as much
as 3.5 degrees Kelvin.....sufficient to trigger an ice age. Dr. S.I Rasool
and Dr. S.H. Schneider, Science July 9, 1971

- At this point the world's climatologists are agreed on only two things:
That we do not have...tens of thousands of years to prepare for the next ice
age, and that how carefully we monitor our atmospheric pollution will have
direct bearing on the arrival and nature of this weather crisis. The sooner
man confronts these facts...the safer he'll be. Douglas Colligan, Science
Digest February 1973

Ol' Reid's fear of exploding populations seems a little quaint now in light
of current trends indicating many countries not having enough children
coming up to sustain their economies. At least the current crop of
scientists seem confident the cure for global warming is the same cure that
apparently cured global cooling over a mere thirty year period.

Old August 14th 06, 01:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Zombie Woof

Default Global warming my ASS !!

DeserTBoB wrote:
On 13 Aug 2006 04:56:44 -0700, "Paris Gun" wrote:

47 DEGREES this morning here in Pa. USA-

in August.

So much for GLOBAL WARMING, the science of liberal dorks.
so much for global warming... snip

Another stupid remark from the 12 year old mentality of "Cholly
Noodlez". The facts say otherwise, of course...but Noodlez can't
read, nor can he comprehend too much.

Average temperature of all reporting stations in the US so far this
summer: hottest in 112 years.

So what? Look up the highest temperatures every recorded anywhere --
the most recent is from 1947. You oughta stop believing every half-wit
idea to pop up on the NBC news and think for yourself for a change.
Whaddaya, stupid?

Old August 14th 06, 02:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

so much for the liberal "get me elected" global warming angle-full of
hot air, as usual

I was always amused by Gore's bleatings about world
overpopulation. I believe he fathered four kids as his solution. Apparently
some can overpopulate while others have to live childless. A typical
response from the privileged.

Old August 14th 06, 02:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

good post, WWW- I'll send that to Rush, Sean, Bill, and Michael now-
they'll be hammering it this week on TV and radio

The quotes come courtesy of P.J. O'Rourke "All The
Trouble In The World" 1994, who's writings from both sides of the political
spectrum I have enjoyed over the years.

Old August 14th 06, 02:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
455 Pontiac on premium Sunoco-chariot of the gods

William W Western wrote:
so much for the liberal "get me elected" global warming angle-full of
hot air, as usual

I was always amused by Gore's bleatings about world
overpopulation. I believe he fathered four kids as his solution. Apparently
some can overpopulate while others have to live childless. A typical
response from the privileged.

yes, he fights global warming, and his family made millions with stock
in the oil companies.

Old August 14th 06, 02:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

Default Global warming: It's HEEEEEERE....

global warming on the cover of Newsweek!? Well that clinches it. Or maybe
not.

http://denisdutton.com/cooling_world.htm

Old August 14th 06, 02:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

yes, he fights global warming, and his family made millions with stock
in the oil companies.

Sure hope he runs again.