(RCSD) Q: Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer and Finnish designer Alvar Aalto

Old July 20th 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

Default (RCSD) Q: Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer and Finnish designer Alvar Aalto

Somebody has advised me that Brazil has "recently issued a new stamp
sheetlet portraying Oscar Niemeyer", but given no further details about this
issue. I have searched the Internet, but couldn't find it. It is not yet
listed on WNS for 2008, and 2007 is not "recently", at least not to me, and
as it might be interesting to add to my existing page on Niemeyer, I would
like to at least see an image. :-)

http://arthistory.heindorffhus.dk/fr...reNiemeyer.htm

Also, this same person advised me about a Finnish stamp 1976, featuring
Alvar Aalto on his death, and his famous vase. Europeanstamps.net seems to
be down, so maybe it will be there when the server is again in operation
(DNS-error).

thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some help in these questions.

Mette

Old July 20th 08, 12:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir Hystrix

Mette wrote:
Somebody has advised me that Brazil has "recently issued a new stamp
sheetlet portraying Oscar Niemeyer", but given no further details about this
issue. I have searched the Internet, but couldn't find it. It is not yet
listed on WNS for 2008, and 2007 is not "recently", at least not to me, and
as it might be interesting to add to my existing page on Niemeyer, I would
like to at least see an image. :-)

http://arthistory.heindorffhus.dk/fr...reNiemeyer.htm

Also, this same person advised me about a Finnish stamp 1976, featuring
Alvar Aalto on his death, and his famous vase. Europeanstamps.net seems to
be down, so maybe it will be there when the server is again in operation
(DNS-error).

thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some help in these questions.

Mette

Hi Mette,

I think you are looking for this issue.
I hope the long URL comes through.

http://shopping.correios.com.br/wbm/...t=O9Xs3dRGCIU=

Klik "Ampliar Imagem" to see the whole image.

Best regards,

Sir Hystrix

--
www.wry.hystrix.be
www.spiders.hystrix.be
Old July 20th 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Hi there Mette,
here it is
http://cjoint.com/data/hunWpdMiec.htm

If you google using this text string, the ebay image will appear
ARCHITECTURE,S/S ON FDC YEAR 2008

HTH
Best regards,
Rodney

k...

Old July 20th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Just a FYI
Brazil had this one in 2004
perhaps you would like to see
http://cjoint.com/data/hun02JPKxX.htm

k...

Old July 20th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

"Sir Hystrix" skrev i en meddelelse
Mette wrote:
[...]

Thank you Sir Hystrix :-) Unfortunately the URL didn't work (DNS-error). I
like your aka-name .... ;-))

Mette

Old July 20th 08, 01:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

"rodney" skrev i en meddelelse

Hi there Mette,
here it is
http://cjoint.com/data/hunWpdMiec.htm

If you google using this text string, the ebay image will appear
ARCHITECTURE,S/S ON FDC YEAR 2008

HTH
Best regards,
Rodney

Thanks much Rodney,
Just what I needed. :-)
Thanks also for the 2004 issue. Both are very useful :-))

Best regards
Mette

k...

Old July 20th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

http://shopping.correios.com.br/wbm/...0422033801.jpg

Old July 20th 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Not a stamp, but here is a photo of Oscar Miemeyer.
http://www.pitanguy.com/img/professor/dr_pitanguy2.jpg

Blair

Old July 20th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

"Blair (TC)" skrev i en meddelelse

Not a stamp, but here is a photo of Oscar Miemeyer.
http://www.pitanguy.com/img/professor/dr_pitanguy2.jpg

Blair

Thanks very much Blair
Mette

More Brazilian carts DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 0 November 26th 06 05:46 PM
Architect of Iraq disaster defects DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 0 November 5th 06 04:23 AM
Alvar Aalto 1998 100 mk csh Coins 5 February 20th 06 02:54 PM
FA: Brazilian 50 Reais (uncirculated) Jan Krohn Paper Money 0 January 10th 04 03:13 PM