Impact of Montana coin find

Old July 9th 03, 03:03 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On 9 Jul 2003 06:46:18 -0700, (John Stone) is alleged to
have written:

Yes, absolutely. If I stumbled onto a roll of 1893-S dollars, I'd sell maybe one
or two a year as quietly as i could.

Bruce

If one was to send a roll of BU 1893-S Morgans to PCGS for grading how
long would it take for the "WORD" to get out? Would they be willing to
keep them out of the population reports?

If I sent in the entire roll at once, it would take maybe 15 seconds for the
word to get out. But spread 'em out amongst PCGS,NGC, ANACS and maybe ICG at 2-3
per year, and most will think they're just resubmissions for a higher grade.

Bruce

If you sent the roll into PCGS I would expect that you would be getting a call
from David Hall before you even got them back wanting to buy the highest graded
coins in the group (smile face here).

I would expect Dave on my doorstep to hand deliver the lot of them after
slabbing. With his checkbook and a bottle of good brandy.

Bruce (And we'd talk)