So much for his computer being down

Old July 7th 03, 02:13 AM
Larry Louks

This is indeed an interesting thread to follow along in the reading of.

I simply must comment on this one: The seller states it is from the
National Collector's Mint.

Yes, the seller does indeed do so. But not with a design of indicating to
potential bidders -- "Hey! Look closely! This is *not* a genuine Morgan
1889CC coin." It seems to me that he has used verbiage sufficient to stir
the passion of those interested in acquiring a genuine coin of such mintage,
and to acquire one at an incredibly low price. For what it's worth, I view
the seller as a crook of a most reprehensible stripe, who has gone to great
lengths to misrepresent the coin, yet his ploy is veiled within the sleazy
wrappings of an attempt to be able and come back to say (after he lines his
pocket), "But it was plainly stated that the item is from the National
Collector's Mint."

-=LDL=-

Old July 7th 03, 10:10 PM
Wolfgang Haeupler

DFloyd wrote:
"Wolfgang Haeupler" wrote in

Sind da zwei Esel, die sich die langen Ohren vorwerfen?
Wolfgang

Ein Esel schilt den anderen Langohr?
Hören auf eigenen Rat?
Das ist die Wahrheit!

:O)))))))))))
Wolfgang

Old July 9th 03, 02:35 AM
Kenneth Heffington

Dan769 wrote:

I sent this person a email, asking a couple dopey question to see if he
would respond. This is the email.

Maybe not in reference to this particular auction, but the seller did
receive the following negative feedback today.
"scamcrook( -1 )
Jul-08-03 18:18:50 PDT
(private)

Complaint : Seller deceives w/ bogus retail prices+lists replicas as real.
Email me for info"
Old July 9th 03, 02:52 AM
Eric Tillery

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:35:45 GMT, Kenneth Heffington wrote:

Dan769 wrote:

I sent this person a email, asking a couple dopey question to see if he
would respond. This is the email.

Maybe not in reference to this particular auction, but the seller did
receive the following negative feedback today.
"scamcrook( -1 )
Jul-08-03 18:18:50 PDT
(private)

Complaint : Seller deceives w/ bogus retail prices+lists replicas as real.
Email me for info"
=============================================== =

Here is the corresponding thread over on the PCGS board:

http://forums.collectors.com/message...&STARTPAGE =1

If you pay close attention towards the end of the thread, you will be able to figure out who
scamcrook is. Needless to say, this jerk won't be getting $600+ for this particular misleading
auction of a cheap replica.
--
Morgan Dollars for Sale:

http://www.k6az.com/inventory/morgan_sales.htm

A Close look at Accugrade:

http://www.k6az.com/acg.htm

My Morgan Collections:

http://www.k6az.com/collection/morgan_collection.htm

http://www.k6az.com/toned_collection/toned_morgans.htm
Old July 9th 03, 04:22 AM
DFloyd

Kenneth Heffington wrote in
:

Maybe not in reference to this particular auction, but the seller did
receive the following negative feedback today.
"scamcrook( -1 )
Jul-08-03 18:18:50 PDT
(private)

Complaint : Seller deceives w/ bogus retail prices+lists replicas as
real. Email me for info"

Bidding to neg. was every bit as wrong as the sellers auction.
I wonder how much that thing would have sold for if there hadn't been
interference?

Dan