Size of some Australian stamps

Old November 11th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir Hystrix

Default Size of some Australian stamps

Hi,

I have downloaded and printed a few example stamp album pages from
www.stampalbums.com. More specifically a page from an Australian stamp
album.

Unfortunately I don't have any Australian stamps. So to be able to see
whether the stamps will fit nicely on the printed paper I need the size
(width x height, preferably in mm) of some Australian stamps.

The page I have printed has room for Scott numbers 94 to 112.

Many thanks,
Sir Hystrix

--
www.wry.hystrix.be
www.spiders.hystrix.be
Old November 11th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 11 Nov, 17:29, Sir Hystrix wrote:
Hi,

I have downloaded and printed a few example stamp album pages fromwww.stampalbums.com. More specifically a page from an Australian stamp
album.

Unfortunately I don't have any Australian stamps.

I've got a big box of duplicates, mainly of later issues, if you want
to swap.

So to be able to see
whether the stamps will fit nicely on the printed paper I need the size
(width x height, preferably in mm) of some Australian stamps.

The page I have printed has room for Scott numbers 94 to 112.

Bill leaves 1.5-2mm around each stamp, more for self-adhesives which
may be kept on piece.

I don't have Scott, but here is a page which I guess is somewhere near
your numbers: http://cjoint.com/?lls72II2kn The Kings are 23.5x29mm
(perf-to-perf) in boxes 28.5x32, and the roo is 22.5x29 in box 27x33.

Here are some full pages from later: http://cjoint.com/?lltbY77dXq
http://cjoint.com/?lltv4hLanl

BTW, Bill leaves out a lot of varieties which abound in early issues
and Australia is no exception. I normally delay mounting earlies until
I have time (haha) to expand his pages.

On a rare occasion when I did have time, I also made some extra pages,
e.g. for plated booklet panes: http://cjoint.com/?lltCmFG26w (proudly
showing the only scarce corner tab I've managed to get)

Chris
Old November 11th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

If full booklet panes scratches your itch,
I can get them around $8 AUD from memory.
I have quite a few "corner tabs" as you call them,
but I'd have to search through my dumpster.
Let us know if you want any more.

Old November 13th 08, 09:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir Hystrix

wrote:
On 11 Nov, 17:29, Sir Hystrix wrote:
Hi,

I have downloaded and printed a few example stamp album pages fromwww.stampalbums.com. More specifically a page from an Australian stamp
album.

So to be able to see
whether the stamps will fit nicely on the printed paper I need the size
(width x height, preferably in mm) of some Australian stamps.

The page I have printed has room for Scott numbers 94 to 112.

Bill leaves 1.5-2mm around each stamp, more for self-adhesives which
may be kept on piece.

I don't have Scott, but here is a page which I guess is somewhere near
your numbers:
http://cjoint.com/?lls72II2kn The Kings are 23.5x29mm
(perf-to-perf) in boxes 28.5x32, and the roo is 22.5x29 in box 27x33.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the information. On my example page there is also room for a
roo and some kings, also for a Kookaburra and Captain Charles Sturt.

My printer seems to print the pages correctly. The boxes match with the
measurements you have specified and the stamps seem to fit nicely.

Thanks for helping me out.
Sir Hystrix.