Legal and Tax Reasons?? autographs

Old February 3rd 04, 12:43 AM
Beverwyk

Default Legal and Tax Reasons?? autographs

I've seen the following kind of statement regarding several successes in Star
Archive:
Tester's comment: "Sent to the theatre where he is working.
My photo signed along with a small one of his own.
Note enclosed read; Your photo was signed in NY. However, for legal & tax
reasons, all mailings are made from the California office. Looks genuine to the
scans. Very pleased."

I think this basically is a lie to cover up for a secretarial signature but it
kinda seems like too much trouble to lie. I know Matthew Broderick's TTM
signatures (via Broadway) are nothing at all like his real In Person
signature...not even close...and I've seen other people receive the whole "for
tax and legal reasons" line for him too. Any thoughts or ideas on this?
Thanks,
Patrick

Old February 3rd 04, 02:35 AM
Dan C

It pretty much is a cover for a secretarial sig. The same thing happens with
Sarah Jessica Parker, his wife, and they even have the same fanmail address
in CA. You can get an item easily "signed" by both at that address, though
it is well known that Sarah's TTM is a secretarial signature, and generally
agreed that Matthew's TTM is secretarial as well. Sometimes you can get
lucky with Sarah via venue though. Hope this helps.

Daniel
http://www.focussimulation.com/dan

Old February 3rd 04, 04:05 AM
Bcoton

Daniel's correct, although I did get a genuine signature from The Producers
when it was in its try-out phase (I sent an old program from another MB
musical. Matches IP scans).

Legally, you can write off the stamps in CA but you can't in NY. So the
official address is in CA. Get it?
Old February 3rd 04, 06:58 PM
dahoov2

Business expense? Must have to do a large volume to claim. But that
does make sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Old February 3rd 04, 08:36 PM
Beverwyk

Legally, you can write off the stamps in CA but you can't in NY. So the
official address is in CA. Get it?

LOL. Seriously? It's just tragic how the Broderick/Parkers are so hard pressed
for cash. I guess The Producers and Sex and The City don't pay too well. Maybe
we should take up a collection. (Just kidding here of course...not meant to be
a serious jab at them...it's still nice enough of them to respond, regardless
of whether it's authentic or secretarial. And the handful of times I've
encountered Matthew, at the theater, or just around the city, he's always been
very very nice).
Well that satisfies my curiosity. Thanks guys.
~Patrick