Mintage of 1995 Civil War?

Old July 29th 03, 04:06 AM
WinWinscenario

Default Mintage of 1995 Civil War?

I'm compiling a dB of mintages for modern commems, but most of the source
material seems hard to find. The Red Book has a lot of mistakes. For example,
they give the mintage for 1995-S $1 and $5 proofs as identical. This could not
be true, because the $1 proofs were sold in sets without the half eagle (also
according to the 2003 Redbook, p.281).

There are other mistakes, also. Most of them were picked up in "Coin Prices,"
which apparently did not do original research (or maybe Redbook copied them?).

Does anybody know of a site that has accurate mintages for modern commems?

Regards,
Tom
Old July 29th 03, 05:09 AM
ftecaw

"WinWinscenario" wrote in message
I'm compiling a dB of mintages for modern commems, but most of the source
material seems hard to find. The Red Book has a lot of mistakes. For

example,
they give the mintage for 1995-S $1 and $5 proofs as identical. This

could not
be true, because the $1 proofs were sold in sets without the half eagle

(also
according to the 2003 Redbook, p.281).

There are other mistakes, also. Most of them were picked up in "Coin

Prices,"
which apparently did not do original research (or maybe Redbook copied

them?).

Does anybody know of a site that has accurate mintages for modern commems?

No. Call the mint up, you lazy ass.

Regards,
Tom

Old July 29th 03, 06:51 AM
Yousri Ahmad

Linda,
Add him to your blocked list as I did. He seems to be rude and uses bad
language.
--
Yousri Ahmad
World Mints: http://yousri.home.comcast.net

. com...

Old July 30th 03, 01:28 AM
Dan769

Good detective work Jim. What prompted you to research her?

Dan
Old July 30th 03, 06:58 AM
ftecaw

"Jim" wrote in message
"Yousri Ahmad" adds....

Linda,

Add him to your blocked list as I did. He seems to be rude and uses bad
language.

She would, but "Sweetie's" no stranger to bad language or for that matter,

raw
anger. Oh and the truest of patriots. Brings a tear to my eyes and a red,

white
& blue to my heart. Says she was a veteran, "Vietnam Era" no less. Doesn't
mention that she was still in boot camp as choppers were evacuating
Saigon......Details, details.

http://tinyurl.com/id33

Dumbass,

Don't use tinyurl. Good work anyway thou

http://tinyurl.com/id3c

And the summary.....

http://tinyurl.com/id3w

Yep, that's one scary package alright.
Always here for my fellow syngraphist or oenophile.
--=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=----=*=--

Old July 30th 03, 04:19 PM
DONDI3

Dunno the exact mintage (I know it's low) but I just listed one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=13 6&rd=1

Gem complete set. Starting $750.

dondi3
DONDI enterprises. BUY, SELL, TRADE. RARE COINS & PRECIOUS METALS
Member COINNET, CSNS, ANA, INA, MOON, ILNA.
Old July 30th 03, 07:34 PM
Harv

"DONDI3" wrote in message
Dunno the exact mintage (I know it's low) but I just listed one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=13 6&rd=1

Gem complete set. Starting $750.

Mmm.. cherry wood case.. I want it. Mr. wallet says "Forget it, bud, you got
bills to pay." sigh..

Okay, I've asked every other expert I can find, I'll ask you too. Do you
want to be my Coin Hero of the Month? Find me the correct answer.. Do you
know how many of the special "Union Case" two piece (half and dollar) and
three piece (half, dollar, and $5.00 gold) Proof Sets of the Civil War
Commemoratives The Mint sold back in 1995? The two and three piece cases
were absolutely identical inside and out except for the additional
indendation on one half of the felt lining of the three piece set to hold
the gold coin in its capsule. I know they were a small fraction of the
number issued, and that most 1995 Civil War Proofs were bought in the
regular clamshell cases, and some small number in that lovely six piece
cherry wood cased set you are selling, but no one seems to have an accurate
or even a vague figure as to how many of the two kinds of Union Case sets
were sold.. no price guide or coin book has a separate figure for them, they
are always lumped in with the total Proof mintage figures ..

Harv

Old July 30th 03, 08:17 PM
DONDI3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...00&category=13

[...]

I doubt that this will help, but by my sampling, I've had two of the Union
cases and this is the first 6 piece set. If you can tell me the 6 piece
mintage, I'd guess that the Union case will be around twice that...

....but I could be wrong...