How to get rid of an eBay fraudster

Old February 22nd 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
Dee

Default How to get rid of an eBay fraudster

Beware the failing timing gear set! This is the same problem that GM
had, principly with Pontiac V8s, in the mid 1960s...the nylon "teeth"
would simply break off, resulting in a thrown chain.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind, although it wouldn't be as catastrophic as
if my V-TEC's timing belt were to go. LOL I'm getting ready to sell the old
'Bird anyway. It's served its purpose, but the time has come to say goodbye.
I'll have to excuse myself re the second half of your missive. If I knew as
much about economics as I do about cars maybe I wouldn't have to worry about
things like timing chains and old car maintenance. ;-)

Old February 22nd 07, 07:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
duty-honor-country

On Feb 13, 3:19 pm, Don Lancaster wrote:
DeserTBoB wrote:
Here's a quick, handy way to get rid of any particular crook you know,
notably eBay fraudsters who think they're above the law.

Your method is virtually certain to have your boss told about your
outstanding kiddyporn warrants.

****ing around with someone elses' livleyhood is a no-no.

oh yes, DeserTBob is a regular at that- check out how he's attacking
someone's wife and kid right now

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...099c1c6a3d7d05

Old February 22nd 07, 07:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:57:30 -0600, "Dee" wrote:

Beware the failing timing gear set! This is the same problem that GM
had, principly with Pontiac V8s, in the mid 1960s...the nylon "teeth"
would simply break off, resulting in a thrown chain.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind, although it wouldn't be as catastrophic as
if my V-TEC's timing belt were to go. LOL snip

The traditional 30K mile timing belt change was/is the Archilles' heel
of Honda maintenance, as well as several other OHC offerings. A quick
and comparatively easy job compared to changing out timing gear sets
and chains, most owners simply refused to do the routine belt change
and lunched valves and/or pistons would be the result. Instead of
blaming themselves, of course, they'd blame the car.

The same went for routine changing of auxilliary intake valve body
seals on the CVCCs (1975-1986). A change to US-made Fel-Pro seals
took care of that problem usually for 100K miles. The same for OEM
Honda belts...aftermarket timing belts usually outlast the overpriced
Honda belt 3 to 1, although I've never been one to push an OHC belt
past about 40K.

I'm getting ready to sell the old
'Bird anyway. It's served its purpose, but the time has come to say goodbye. snip

The "tub Birds", from 1983-end of production, had a large sales allure
and made some big sales numbers in their early days, but were rather
crappy cars overall. When's the last time you saw a Turbo 'Bird from
the early days? Gone...pounded into scrap. It was rare to see a
Turbo 'Bird with more the 50K miles on it. Of course, as always with
Americans, lack of proper maintainance played a big part in their
early demise, as it does on any car.
Old February 22nd 07, 07:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
duty-honor-country

On Feb 22, 1:57 pm, "Dee" wrote:
Beware the failing timing gear set! This is the same problem that GM
had, principly with Pontiac V8s, in the mid 1960s...the nylon "teeth"
would simply break off, resulting in a thrown chain.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind, although it wouldn't be as catastrophic as
if my V-TEC's timing belt were to go. LOL I'm getting ready to sell the old
'Bird anyway. It's served its purpose, but the time has come to say goodbye.
I'll have to excuse myself re the second half of your missive. If I knew as
much about economics as I do about cars maybe I wouldn't have to worry about
things like timing chains and old car maintenance. ;-)

any engine eventually needs a new timing chain, foreign or domestic-
even with steel timing gears and chain, the chain eventually will
stretch and throw the engine out of time- no big deal- you guys are
getting bent out of shape over a common maintenance item- you may as
well say "beware of 5 year old oil filters being clogged from not
being changed"

Old February 22nd 07, 07:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
DeserTBoB

DeserTBoB wrote:
Here's a quick, handy way to get rid of any particular crook you know,
notably eBay fraudsters who think they're above the law.

Your method is virtually certain to have your boss told about your
outstanding kiddyporn warrants.

****ing around with someone elses' livleyhood is a no-no.

oh yes, DeserTBob is a regular at that- check out how he's attacking
someone's wife and kid right now snip

You've brought all your troubles, real and imagined, upon yourself due
to your psychotic behavior and petty criminal activity.

http://nudowatch.blogspot.com

Use the "handy links" on the right side of the page to research this
nutjob a bit further.
Old February 22nd 07, 08:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
Dee

The traditional 30K mile timing belt change was/is the Archilles' heel
of Honda maintenance, as well as several other OHC offerings.

A little laff: I've been changing my timing belt every 65,000K miles. Turns
out the owner's manual recommends every 90,000K. Oh well, better safe than
sorry I guess. (A pretty expensive "oh well"...)

The "tub Birds", from 1983-end of production, had a large sales allure
and made some big sales numbers in their early days, but were rather
crappy cars overall. When's the last time you saw a Turbo 'Bird from
the early days?

I've seen a few Aerobird Turbos around, but granted, not many. I've seen
more of the Heritage model in that style than the others. Those were V-8s,
and apparently pretty strong. Alas, mine is the most common of the most
common issue: a basic V-6 with no bells nor whistles. Probably a good thing,
come to think of it. ;-)

Old February 22nd 07, 09:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
DeserTBoB

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:15:45 -0600, "Dee" wrote:

The traditional 30K mile timing belt change was/is the Archilles' heel
of Honda maintenance, as well as several other OHC offerings.

A little laff: I've been changing my timing belt every 65,000K miles. Turns
out the owner's manual recommends every 90,000K. Oh well, better safe than
sorry I guess. (A pretty expensive "oh well"...) snip

Having a VTEC, it would be a longer interval, as well as a better
belt. The earlier CVCCs had a 30K recommendation, and oft times the
belt would barely make that. Aftermarket belts available years later
were far more hardy. It makes no difference, really...the belt change
on the CVCCs was about as easy as changing drive belts on many
American cars...perhaps easier!

I remember the belts used on the Pontiac OHC 6 back in the
'60s...MAYBE 12K miles before failure, if that. Those cars also
didn't last very long due to owner neglect. Shame, as they were a
good design and far more efficient that corporate cousin Chevrolet's
230. Woodward Avenue made the decision to axe the Pontiac 6 based on
profit margin alone...typical for Detroit.
Old February 22nd 07, 10:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
Dee

I remember the belts used on the Pontiac OHC 6 back in the
'60s...

Coincidence! The only timing chain I ever broke was in 1986 in my '66
LeMans. $400 later and we were back to terrorizing the city. Damn I loved
that car. *sniff*

Old February 23rd 07, 01:56 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
William W Western

no way- 8's ruled until 1980 or so
I was buying 8s till about 1979. I had a player in the F350
Crewcab that some fool ripped off that winter. It coincided with the "End Of
The 8 Track" era and I often imagine the thief getting laughed out the door
by his fence when he brought the worthless thing around. I did not bother to
replace it with another car stereo. I went and bought a better turntable and
speakers though, and began buying LPs exclusively. I did not get a cassette
deck till probably about 1985 but still preferred the vinyl.
The master criminal left the carts and I put them away till my
kids were in their late teens and found them. That's about twelve years ago.
They also found a player at a garage sale and began playing them. I did not
begin refurbishing them till information about doing so became available on
the net.
I still prefer LPs and album jackets with great liner notes.

Old February 23rd 07, 02:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
William W Western

I remember the belts used on the Pontiac OHC 6 back in the
'60s...

One of my all time favourite exhaust notes.