Converter for a Diesel FP

Old February 10th 04, 12:22 AM
Prashant Singh

Default Converter for a Diesel FP

I have a Diesel fountain pen (made by Stypen), which uses the
"international size" cartridges. Is there a converter that will work with
this pen?

I checked my local pen store, and we tried a converter they had out, but
it wouldn't fit into the barrel of the pen. Unfortunately I didn't ask
what the converter brand was.

A Stylophiles review of the pen claims that it's a cartridge/converter
pen, but I'm not sure if that was tested or if it was just an assumption.

I've been getting a lot of use out of this pen, and it would be nice to
have better control over how much ink is in it so I don't end up having
to change cartridges in the middle of class or something.

Thanks a lot,
prashant.
Old February 10th 04, 02:08 AM
kcat

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:22:07 -0600, Prashant Singh
wrote:

I've been getting a lot of use out of this pen, and it would be nice to
have better control over how much ink is in it so I don't end up having
to change cartridges in the middle of class or something.

Thanks a lot,
prashant.

you might be able to find something that works - but chances are a
converter that fits will not hold any more ink than a cartridge would.
The only stypen I *had* did not accept any converter that I could
find. Supposedly some of the newer ones do but I'm not familiar with
the diesel.
Old February 10th 04, 08:32 AM
Prashant Singh

Even if the ink capacity is the same, with a converter I can fill up at
night to ensure that I'll have plenty of ink in class in the morning.
Right now my cartridge is nearly empty, so I can either waste some ink
and replace it or have to replace it in the middle of class.

Also, from reading websites/posts/etc. it seems like filling through a
converter will keep my pen in slightly better repair. I guess I'll just
have to check around to see if there's anything that'll fit.

Thanks,
prashant.

Old February 10th 04, 10:23 AM
Stephen Hust

Prashant Singh wrote:

I have a Diesel fountain pen (made by Stypen), which uses the
"international size" cartridges. Is there a converter that will
work with this pen?

I checked my local pen store, and we tried a converter they had
out, but it wouldn't fit into the barrel of the pen.
Unfortunately I didn't ask what the converter brand was.

Do you mean that the converter was too long, and that you couldn't
screw the barrel back onto the section with the converter inserted?
I don't know if there are any particularly short converters
available.

One of the converters most likely to have the right diameter at the
open end for pens that use international cartridges is probably the
Pelikan. I've got a Pelikan converter here, and it measures 7.6 cm
in length. My second try would be a Waterman: the one I have here
measures 7.3 cm. The Waterman seems to be about 7 mm wide at its
widest point; the Pelikan may be a hair wider. I have a pen or two
that won't take either. Their barrels are just too short to
accomodate a converter.

--
Steve

My e-mail address works as is.
Old February 10th 04, 06:47 PM
Michael Wright

Stephen Hust wrote:
Prashant Singh wrote:

I have a Diesel fountain pen (made by Stypen), which uses the
"international size" cartridges. Is there a converter that will
work with this pen?

I checked my local pen store, and we tried a converter they had
out, but it wouldn't fit into the barrel of the pen.
Unfortunately I didn't ask what the converter brand was.

Do you mean that the converter was too long, and that you couldn't
screw the barrel back onto the section with the converter inserted?
I don't know if there are any particularly short converters
available.

I believe, though I haven't seen it, that Waterman made a short
converter for their Lady Agatha and similar pens. If this is
the problem, it would be worth checking up on.

Old February 10th 04, 09:38 PM
Prashant Singh

The problem with the converter at the store was that it was too wide for
the barrel. It's possible that it could've also been too long, but I'll
try to do some measurements and maybe check out the Waterman or Pelikan
converters.

Thanks a lot,
prashant.

Old February 12th 04, 04:10 AM
kg

"Prashant Singh" wrote in message
I have a Diesel fountain pen (made by Stypen), which uses the
"international size" cartridges. Is there a converter that will work with
this pen?

I checked my local pen store, and we tried a converter they had out, but
it wouldn't fit into the barrel of the pen. Unfortunately I didn't ask
what the converter brand was.

A Stylophiles review of the pen claims that it's a cartridge/converter
pen, but I'm not sure if that was tested or if it was just an assumption.

I've been getting a lot of use out of this pen, and it would be nice to
have better control over how much ink is in it so I don't end up having
to change cartridges in the middle of class or something.

Thanks a lot,
prashant.

Why not visit your local Veterinarian or hospital supply store and purchase
a syringe and coarse needle and fill that cartridge?

kg

Vin Diesel Success Clake13 Autographs 1 January 2nd 05 12:01 AM
Vin Diesel RTS Today NCASHFAN Autographs 1 April 15th 04 03:34 AM
Lamy converter on Parker Frontier question Daniel Gallo Pens & Pencils 1 November 14th 03 01:34 AM
Coil in Montblanc converter Edo Pens & Pencils 4 November 1st 03 11:12 PM
Namiki Impressions converter BLandolf Pens & Pencils 0 September 16th 03 01:44 AM