Rockola 1428 Belt issues

Old July 19th 09, 05:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
pennyarcadecollector

Default Rockola 1428 Belt issues

I am finally finish the restoration of my 1428. I ordered a new belt
from
Victory and received a 3L-150 v belt. Have had a h--- of a time with
it. When I did manage to finally get it on, there is too much
tension
on the motor and it will not spin. I have loosened the worm gear so
that I can turn the belt with lots of effort, but it is still to
tight.
The worm gear is bolted but not tightly and the motor is still
binding. Suggestions anyone? I was thinking of trying a 2L-150
belt,
it would seem to sit it the gears better. THanks for any help or
suggestions please........
Old July 20th 09, 01:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Dave Beck

On Jul 19, 12:52*pm, pennyarcadecollector
wrote:
I am finally finish the restoration of my 1428. *I ordered a new belt
from
Victory and received a 3L-150 v belt. *Have had a h--- of a time with
it. *When I did manage to finally get it on, there is too much
tension
on the motor and it will not spin. *I have loosened the worm gear so
that I can turn the belt with lots of effort, but it is still to
tight.
The worm gear is bolted but not tightly and the motor is still
binding. *Suggestions anyone? *I was thinking of trying a 2L-150
belt,
it would seem to sit it the gears better. *THanks for any help or
suggestions please........

Vacuum cleaner belts work fine. Supermarket might have them or a
regular repair store. Cheap too !
Old July 21st 09, 01:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Order the right belt .I got one from them and it fits just fine . I
called them and asked them for the right belt .

Old July 21st 09, 05:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
pennyarcadecollector

On Jul 20, 4:04*pm, (Ken G.) wrote:
Order the right belt .I got one from them and it fits just fine . I
called them and asked them for the right belt .

Ken,
Thanks for the reply, I ordered the belt for a rockola 1428 and
received the 3L-150 from them. Called them back and they said they
was the right belt for the application. I am befuddled at the moment
and was hoping someone has an answer because this one is not working
at all, unless I am missing something, but it is a simple change out.
Thanks and hope you have some other info.
Terry