Wurlitzer 2000

Old January 6th 10, 05:03 PM
paul chappell paul chappell is offline
Junior Member

Default Wurlitzer 2000

hi,

Does anyone know where i can get a 5-10-25 slug rejector for the 2000 wurlitzer, i do have the 50 cent one, i keep missing them when they come
up on ebay....about once a year!

Also I have a 255 stepper but am not sure whether I can get a wallbox working on a 1900 with it to take the 5207. I am thinking of a 5203 if this would work.

thanks

Paul
Old January 7th 10, 05:39 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

paul chappell wrote:
hi,

Does anyone know where i can get a 5-10-25 slug rejector for the 2000
wurlitzer, i do have the 50 cent one, i keep missing them when they
come
up on ebay....about once a year!

Also I have a 255 stepper but am not sure whether I can get a wallbox
working on a 1900 with it to take the 5207. I am thinking of a 5203 if
this would work.

thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

The coin acceptor used in jukeboxes is common - most jukebox shops have
a small pile of them.

I have both US and Canadian versions in stock. Email for details.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old January 7th 10, 01:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Coinopwarehouse

--
* * (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the newsgroup)
* John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9

The rejectors in the Wurlitzer 2000 are unique and the last pair on
ebay brought $1200.
Old January 7th 10, 09:07 PM
paul chappell paul chappell is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coinopwarehouse View Post
paul chappell wrote:
[...]

ok thanks coin-op i will keep looking, its the brackets added on by wurlitzer that seem to be the problem, i did see the recent ones at $1200 afterwards on ebay they must have sold in a flash!....thanks for advice

paul
Old January 7th 10, 09:12 PM
paul chappell paul chappell is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robertson View Post
paul chappell wrote:
hi,

Does anyone know where i can get a 5-10-25 slug rejector for the 2000
wurlitzer, i do have the 50 cent one, i keep missing them when they
come
up on ebay....about once a year!

Also I have a 255 stepper but am not sure whether I can get a wallbox
working on a 1900 with it to take the 5207. I am thinking of a 5203 if
this would work.

thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

The coin acceptor used in jukeboxes is common - most jukebox shops have
a small pile of them.

I have both US and Canadian versions in stock. Email for details.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
john,

thanks for reply... do you think you have those particular to this machine as they are "unique" in that they have brackets attached as a modification,

thanks Paul
Old January 8th 10, 07:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

paul chappell wrote:
[...]

The NRI rejector is not unique for the 2000 (see page 4 of the service
manual) what is unique is the mounting system for the acceptor when it
is a complete assembly - it requires a bunch of parts including the
handle, coin switches, brackets, guides, etc.

If the person has the complete assembly, but the slug rejector/coin
acceptor is damaged or broken, then a standard metal NRI 5-10-25 mech
from that era would work. The 50 cent mechanism does look different from
anything I am familiar with - that is probably unique to that machine
series - it looks like an oversize 25 cent acceptor fitted into the
assembly.

If they are missing the assembly then that will be a pain to put
together - but various folks have parts for these machines so the person
needs a copy of the service manual and then determine what exactly is
missing and then post what they need for parts. Someone may have the
parts...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old January 8th 10, 10:09 PM
paul chappell paul chappell is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robertson View Post
Coinopwarehouse wrote:[color=blue][i]

[...]

thanks again for your help. I do have the rejector on its own which i believe i bought from you a while back or Vernon Tisdale. Like you say it is the assembly brackets and coin switch assembly and pad which appear to be specially added parts,
I have only seen the complete part twice now, once was auctioned by bill butterfield and the recent auction on ebay, but will keep trying.Its a lovely machine still without!

thanks paul
Old January 9th 10, 03:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

paul chappell wrote:[color=blue][i]
John Robertson;640829 Wrote:
Coinopwarehouse wrote:

[...]

..

John,

thanks again for your help. I do have the rejector on its own which i
believe i bought from you a while back or Vernon Tisdale. Like you say
it is the assembly brackets and coin switch assembly and pad which
appear to be specially added parts,
I have only seen the complete part twice now, once was auctioned by
bill butterfield and the recent auction on ebay, but will keep
trying.Its a lovely machine still without!

thanks paul

You should be able to fabricate the missing parts if you have a vise,
sheet metal, and a hacksaw/jigsaw and lots of time. The coin switches
are not special other than the mount and the picture in the manual gives
a pretty good clue as to how to accomplish that.

It would be a labour of love though!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old January 9th 10, 10:17 AM

Coinopwarehouse wrote:

[...]

I will make it a long term project, as i dont have time at moment, will keep looking and make it a last resort...you never know

thanks again for your help

paul

FA: Wurlitzer 2000 Karl M Juke Boxes 0 August 24th 07 06:27 PM
Wurlitzer 2000 Jukebox tom Juke Boxes 4 February 17th 07 02:17 PM
WURLITZER 2000 tom Juke Boxes 4 January 6th 07 04:05 PM
wurlitzer 2000 angela Juke Boxes 4 June 1st 05 06:47 AM
Wurlitzer 2000 and AMI i Rene Lengemann Juke Boxes 0 November 28th 03 02:17 PM