A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Help with Rockola CD Fireball and mech error 11

Old October 5th 14, 05:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Help with Rockola CD Fireball and mech error 11

Hello all - long time no see.

I have a Rock-ola CD Fireball model that I picked up recently in non-working condition. The plastic carriage that affixes the mechanism lift assembly to the rubber belt had broken. I have since replaced this part and reassembled everything but since the tower had to be removed I believe the mech is out of calibration or something needs to be reset.

In the Tests mode I can operate the mechanism left and right as well as move the lift up and down using the keyboard. However, once I exit out of the Tests mode the mechanism tracks left, then right and stops short of the home position and the lift lowers and seems to bind.

Can anyone offer any guidance here? I hope to use this juke in my classic car garage any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike
Ads
Old October 6th 14, 06:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson
external usenet poster

On 10/05/2014, 9:37 AM, wrote:
Hello all - long time no see.

I have a Rock-ola CD Fireball model that I picked up recently in non-working condition. The plastic carriage that affixes the mechanism lift assembly to the rubber belt had broken. I have since replaced this part and reassembled everything but since the tower had to be removed I believe the mech is out of calibration or something needs to be reset.

In the Tests mode I can operate the mechanism left and right as well as move the lift up and down using the keyboard. However, once I exit out of the Tests mode the mechanism tracks left, then right and stops short of the home position and the lift lowers and seems to bind.

Can anyone offer any guidance here? I hope to use this juke in my classic car garage any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Hi Mike,

Well, the service manual is always a good start...have you checked with
rockola.com - they made the machine after all...while they may not offer
tech support directly they should be able to point you to good manuals.
Victoryglass.com, etc, carry good quality reprints of many manuals, not
sure if they cover the CDs.

If you can't find it elsewhere I'm pretty sure I have a copy I can run
off, but it is a bit thick, so there would be a cost for the time (not
the data) and I don't send out PDFs, only paper copies - good quality
mind you, not copies of bad photocopies. Prices start at $35USD for
these fat jukebox manuals.

John :-#)#

--
(Please post followups or tech inquiries to the newsgroup)
John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
(604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."
Old October 6th 14, 01:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Hi John

I have a manual for the Rockola Vivo which looks like a smaller wall mounted version as the Fireball. It uses the same mech, computer and keyboard as thee Fireball. I will continue reading thru it. Was hoping someone that is familiar with Rockola's rack-style mech could offer up some advise on what tests or calibration must be done when the tower haas been removed from the mech. I will try calling Rockola this week.
Old December 17th 14, 09:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Got it figured out and mech is now selecting ok. I do need the plastic CD rack parts for the mech as mine have got hot and melted to the degree where it has displaced the CD slot locations and the mech does not pickup the CD. Neither Rockola nor AMI has these. Is anyone sitting on parts for a Rockola CD Fireball? I could also possibly use a working amp assy. Please advise, I am in Texas
Old March 22nd 18, 03:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 3:17:04 PM UTC-5, Mike Tyler wrote:
Got it figured out and mech is now selecting ok. I do need the plastic CD rack parts for the mech as mine have got hot and melted to the degree where it has displaced the CD slot locations and the mech does not pickup the CD. Neither Rockola nor AMI has these. Is anyone sitting on parts for a Rockola CD Fireball? I could also possibly use a working amp assy. Please advise, I am in Texas

I am trying to fix my Rockola Fireball. How did you get the mechanism to finally work? I have the manuals and parts catalog but Rockola no longer services. Thanks for any help.
Old September 30th 19, 03:27 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 9:54:15 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 3:17:04 PM UTC-5, Mike Tyler wrote:

I am trying to fix my Rockola Fireball. How did you get the mechanism to finally work? I have the manuals and parts catalog but Rockola no longer services. Thanks for any help.

Hello I have a Rockola Fireball Model A. Might you have a service Manual of any type for that unit. My machine is not functioning and I would like to attempt to rebuild it for a gift.

Thank you