TECH: Seeburg M100A sound

Old February 9th 04, 06:01 PM
Nick Guerra

Default TECH: Seeburg M100A sound

Hi, I have a Seeburg M100A that has recently developed a sound
problem. I hadn't played it in awhile due to some restoration clean
up. Now that its back together I tried to play a record and I noticed
that it didn't sound as good as it did before. Basically it sounds
like the speaker is underwater. Its not real bad but it is
noticeable. Not sure were to check, I thought it might be due to some
foreign voltage showing up in the amp but I just don't know. Any
suggestions on how to clean this up?
Old February 10th 04, 03:59 PM
Ken Layton

Has the amplifier been re-capped? If not then you may have a bad capacitor.
Old February 11th 04, 03:12 AM
Joseph A. Tony Dziedzic

An "underwater sound" can point to a hardened motor coupling, hardened
turntable drive grommets, mechanical drag due to gummed-up oil in the motor
bearings, main thrust bearing, and main turntable bearing. It's a little
difficult to check / lubricate the main turntable bearing; you'll have to pull
the turntable partly off the shaft to expose the ball bearing assembly.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article ,
(Nick Guerra) wrote:
(Ken Layton) wrote in message
Has the amplifier been re-capped? If not then you may have a bad capacitor.

Ken, Yes I recapped the amp about 9 months ago. Any other sugestions?