Beckham on the Tenner?

Old August 2nd 03, 04:51 PM
Ian

Darren wrote:

It is alleged that the game of football originated as a result of a
group of english soldiers (under the aegis of The Duke of Cumberland)
kicking the dismembered head of a Scotsman about the battlefield.

Personally, I think it was more likely that it was one of the poor dead
mans testicles.

I think you may have completed my research on the origins of the
Cumberland Sausage...

Lol!!!

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when reading that one. The spray
would have short circuited the keyboard and monitor.

Old August 6th 03, 07:33 PM
Bermuda

Well, Churchill is on Gibraltar's fifty.
http://aes.iupui.edu/rwise/banknotes...Pounds-1995-do
nated_b.jpg

Darren wrote in message
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:06:11 -0400, "Scottishmoney"
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/imcd

Well I've just spoken to two friends and we disagree on the choice of
Beckham - maybe the survey wasn't that representative - god forbid!

Also having given this more thought I don't think Churchill would make
it on to the note, unless someone uncovers an archive picture of him
with flowing beard which is a pre-requisite of male historical
figures. Maybe a large cigar with curling smoke would do in its place?

Darren