(RCSD) Freebie Stamp Project Requests Status

Old July 14th 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default (RCSD) Freebie Stamp Project Requests Status

Hi -

For those that are following my adventures into the Freebie Stamp
Project for the past 6 years, here's the latest status on outstanding
requests for free stamps.

I have an approximation of:

1) U.S. = 44

2) W.W. = 45

3) A Club of 20 children.

4) A few requests for school-like activities, but won't work on them
until I get caught up with 1 - 3 above.

That equals approximately 110 packets to make and then send out.

I just finished another 50 packets of WW stamps and there were some
quite colorful post-colonial Africa in there. I am cleaning out some
of the "chaff" in my collection and passing it on properly.

I have plenty of stamps to send out, but may be looking for colorful
issues to supplement my pre-1965 stash in the future. U.S. commems
are just -starting- to weaken, but can withstand another batch.

We are getting quite close to another landmark number of free packets!
---

I am tossing around the idea of what to give the person I happen to
pick out for that "number". I will let everyone here know where the
bonus was sent to (state, country) and what the bonus was. I may do
one for each U.S. and W.W. ...

It will be within the next 2 weeks, to be sure.

I am behind with entering the stats. My web site (crumbling and
decadent) will be upgraded in the future. I will post the totals as I
always have done here.

If anyone has complained to you about not receiving stamps, please
rest assured that ALL requests will be filled.

As always, I thank everyone here who has toughed out the rough times
that sparked me into doing this labor of love project. Your support
has helped the hobby and kept me on my philatelic toes.

Tracy