All banknotes to have a 2D barcode?

Old July 20th 06, 12:46 PM posted to alt.conspiracy.new-world-order,rec.collecting.paper-money,alt.conspiracy,uk.finance,uk.legal
Dik T. Winter

Default All banknotes to have a 2D barcode?

In article ews.net "Miss L. Toe" writes:

"Dik T. Winter" wrote in message
In article ews.net

"Miss L. Toe" writes:
"Dik T. Winter" wrote in message

Yes, the original owner was no longer legitimate owner. On the other
hand, his insurance would have paid him for the stolen bicycle.

What if he decided not to have insurance ?

Tough luck. He might try to get recompense from the thief, or from the
shop that sold his bicycle.

Why should the shop be any more liable than the customer ?

Well, if the shop owner can show he bought the bicycle in good faith he
is not liable, but the person he bought it from. But I think that will
be tough to show. (He might have checked, for instance, the list of
stolen bicycles.)

(I did hear a rumour once that bicycle theft rings in Amsterdam were
financed by the new bicycle retailers).

Most are stolen by junks that sell them again.

But who do they sell them to ?

The man on the street.
Old July 20th 06, 08:39 PM posted to alt.conspiracy.new-world-order,rec.collecting.paper-money,alt.conspiracy,uk.finance,uk.legal
Peter Hucker

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 02:43:43 +0100, boo_star wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message newsp.tcukuvlzwabk2w@blue...
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:43:39 +0100, Cynic wrote:

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 20:28:25 GMT, "Virgils Ghost" wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

Apparently PDF417 can store 500 characters per square inch (I'm not an
expert in this area, though)

And when it's tattered and ripped?

PDF417 uses Solomon Reed error correction of flexible size, so a few
damaged bits would be OK. Not that I see much point in the exercise
unless we all have online readers that are able to detect stolen or
duplicate bar codes at the point we receive the money.

Perhaps the shops would. I've seen loads (ok ONE) shop with a UV banknote
tester.

As have I. A chippy actually.

It incorrectly read a real £20 note as counterfeit because it had been
washed.

What do modern detergents contain?

U/V sensitive ingredients.

What do fake note testers check for? The same thing.

All in all useless.

Did you get into trouble?

Officer Patrick McGuire of the New York City Police Department answers a call on his radio and reports to the scene of a car accident in the Queens-Midtown Tunnel.
Officer McGuire notes that a new Buick had its front end merged with the rear end of a Chrysler.
The driver of the Buick was Father Francis O'Boyle; the driver of the Chrysler was Rabbi Isaac Goldstein.
After Officer McGuire verifies that Rabbi Goldstein has suffered no physical injuries in the accident, he walks back to survey the damages to each vehicle.
Then, Officer McGuire walks over to Father O'Boyle and asks him: "Tell me, Father, just how fast was that Rabbi going when he backed into you?"

Banknotes fedrsrv$ Paper Money 0 September 1st 04 07:47 PM
Trichet signature on Euro banknotes Arwel Parry Paper Money 1 May 4th 04 07:39 AM