Rokola Legends 7000 Volume Issue

Old December 3rd 10, 02:12 AM
69hurst 69hurst is offline
Junior Member

Default Rokola Legends 7000 Volume Issue

I Hope Someone Can Help, I Have A Real Nice Jukebox With A Volume Issue. I Can Hear Very Faint Music Only. It Worked For Me Last Time I Used It. Any Help Will Be Greatly Appriciated. Thanks
Old December 3rd 10, 12:50 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

First, look at the display on the front. Make sure that it is not under a "Mute" condition. Then try pressing the volume up button while observing the display. You should see a bar graph indicating volume level rising. If the display is filled with bars, your amp is at max volume level.

Second, you can enter the programming mode and execute a "factory reset", which will take all setting and programming back to original state. This will clear out any misprogrammed features that may be causing your problem.

Third, if you haven't solved it by using the first two, you will need a tech to take a look at it.

Respectfully,
David
Old December 3rd 10, 01:18 PM
69hurst 69hurst is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRebber View Post
First, look at the display on the front. Make sure that it is not under a "Mute" condition. Then try pressing the volume up button while observing the display. You should see a bar graph indicating volume level rising. If the display is filled with bars, your amp is at max volume level.

Second, you can enter the programming mode and execute a "factory reset", which will take all setting and programming back to original state. This will clear out any misprogrammed features that may be causing your problem.

Third, if you haven't solved it by using the first two, you will need a tech to take a look at it.

Respectfully,
David
HI DAVID, I DONT SEE ANY BARS WHILE JOGGING THE VOLUME BUTTONS. I HAVE 2 RED BOXES AND TRIED BOTH, NOT SURE WHERE THE MUTE WOULD BE IN THE PROGRAMMING.
Old December 4th 10, 12:51 AM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

I assume you are saying you have two volume controls.... or are you referring to two sets of volume buttons on the same unit?

The SyberSonic Rockolas have a volume control that has 6 buttons. Two are marked as UP, two are marked as DOWN, and one is Cancel and one is Mute. Usually, when the MUTE circuit is activated, the display will inform "customers" that the unit is muted. Moreover, one set of UP and DOWN buttons control the Internal Amplifier, i.e. the jukebox speakers. Usually these are the buttons closest to the center back of the cabinet. The other two buttons control the External Amplifier, i.e. the external speaker circuit.

If indeed you have pressed both sets of buttons for Volume Control and have not seen the volume level shown on the display, I would think that:
1. Your Volume Control is inoperative or cabling / connections have failed.
2. The Control Computer is either defective or has "hiccuped" and needs the Factory Reset function performed.
3. Someone, somehow... has set the Maximum Volume Level to "0" for both sections of the amp, therefore, it will not allow any further Volume UP.

Do you have a manual? If so, try to think of the keyboard as this:
HITS button = Enter
RESET button = Escape or Back
PAGE LEFT & PAGE RIGHT buttons = Cursor Keys
"1" button = Toggle value of programming function
NUMBER BUTTONS = Number values for setting programming function in multiple numeric values

If you don't have a manual, send me a private email to 'david "dot" rebber "at" att "dot" net' by substituting the character implied within the " ". I will try to walk you through the programming process via email and with excerpts from the manual.

NOW, if I could actually "see" the juke, that would be a different ball game... :-)

Nonetheless, hope this helps and let me know if you need further assistance.

Respectfully,

David
Old December 4th 10, 04:36 AM
69hurst 69hurst is offline
Junior Member

i have answered below

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRebber View Post
I assume you are saying you have two volume controls....

exactly, i have a spare red volume box

or are you referring to two sets of volume buttons on the same unit?

The SyberSonic Rockolas have a volume control that has 6 buttons. Two are marked as UP, two are marked as DOWN, and one is Cancel and one is Mute. Usually, when the MUTE circuit is activated, the display will inform "customers" that the unit is muted.

it does when muted

Moreover, one set of UP and DOWN buttons control the Internal Amplifier, i.e. the jukebox speakers. Usually these are the buttons closest to the center back of the cabinet. The other two buttons control the External Amplifier, i.e. the external speaker circuit.

If indeed you have pressed both sets of buttons for Volume Control and have not seen the volume level shown on the display, I would think that:
1. Your Volume Control is inoperative or cabling / connections have failed.
2. The Control Computer is either defective or has "hiccuped" and needs the Factory Reset function performed.
3. Someone, somehow... has set the Maximum Volume Level to "0" for both sections of the amp, therefore, it will not allow any further Volume UP.

Do you have a manual? yes i do

If so, try to think of the keyboard as this:
HITS button = Enter
RESET button = Escape or Back
PAGE LEFT & PAGE RIGHT buttons = Cursor Keys
"1" button = Toggle value of programming function
NUMBER BUTTONS = Number values for setting programming function in multiple numeric values

If you don't have a manual, send me a private email to 'david "dot" rebber "at" att "dot" net' by substituting the character implied within the " ". I will try to walk you through the programming process via email and with excerpts from the manual.

i will email you

NOW, if I could actually "see" the juke, that would be a different ball game... :-)

Nonetheless, hope this helps and let me know if you need further assistance.

Respectfully,

David

thanks
Old December 5th 10, 08:39 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Okay, let's start with the Factory Reset.
1. Open the dome lid. Display should read "Door open".

2. Press the credit button on the mechanism shelf two times in rapid succession. Display should read "Service mode".

3. Using the number keys on the keyboard, type "87" and press the Hits button. Display should read "Factory reset".

4. Press the Hits button again and display should read "Comm" for commercial.

5. Press the "1" button to toggle between "Comm" and "Home", depending on how you want the jukebox to operate. "Home" will automatically set it to free play.

6. Upon making your selection, press Hits again and display will read "Are you sure?".

7. Press the Hits button again and it will go through the reset procedure.

8. Close the dome lid and try a selection. If all has gone well, you should be back up and running. If not, you probably have another issue to resolve.

Respectfully,

David
Old December 7th 10, 12:30 AM
69hurst 69hurst is offline