How do you install a Rowe/AMI cd wallbox?

Old June 14th 10, 03:40 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Skooters_in_town

Default How do you install a Rowe/AMI cd wallbox?

I want to hook my wallbox into my MMCD-1 100 cd Rowe jukebox. The
wallbox has 9 connections inside.... The L and R channels must be the
speakers. I am assuming that most of the other connections will go to
the title rack keyboard interface assy?

a/c power
power com
L channel
R channel
audio com.
rowelink a
rowelink a
rowelink b
rowelink b
Old June 14th 10, 04:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Jun 14, 12:40*pm, Skooters_in_town wrote:
I want to hook my wallbox into my MMCD-1 100 cd Rowe jukebox. The
wallbox has 9 connections inside.... The L and R channels must be the
speakers. I am assuming that most of the other connections will go to
the title rack keyboard interface assy?

a/c power
power com
L channel
R channel
audio com.
rowelink a
rowelink a
rowelink b
rowelink b

AC power and POWER COM are for the 28VAC.

Normally a 120v to 28v transformer ( @ about 3A ) is supplied with the
wallbox, and installed in the jukebox, plugged into the mains power
socket on the power transformer module at the back of the amplifier
compartment, The 28VAC from this transformer is then taken to the
wallbox. You should use suitably thick wire to avoid losses (at
least mains cable, not telephone or thin speaker cable). If you are
going a long distance, you will need thicker wire or 2 parallel runs
of the same wire. If the POWER COM terminal goes to an earth wire
(green/yellow) or to the metal case back, (this is the case with the
large CD wall mount jukeboxes) then take that SAME wire to an green/
yellow earth at the juke box end for proper earthing.

I would strongly suggest rolling out the proposed wire on the floor to
the proposed location of the unit, connecting it up and checking that
there isn't a big voltage drop at the wallbox. Any more than a couple
of volts loss I would use thicker wire.

If you didn't get a transformer with your jukebox, you could buy a
suitable 28vac unit, put a fuse in the output line and use this.
While you may be able to get away with using the 28vac supply in the
existing juke box, this might not be enough ?

L channel R channel - these are for the speakers in the wallbox. Take
these back to the output transformer in the juke box. I would connect
each of these to (say) E2 or E3 on each side. Moving the wires to
higher E values will increase the speaker volume, but don't exceed the
wattage of the speakers.
Audio COM should to to the E1 terminal (doesn't matter which one).
These 3 connections should be made using suitable speaker wire (or fig
8 type mains wire).

Rowelink A & B go to the 3 pin connector at the lower right of the
Central Control Computer marked P10 P11 P12 (use any of these) (with
orange and white wires).
You can use any wire you like for this. We have used CAT 5 or standard
2 pair telephone cable many times with no problems.
You wont damage anything if you reverse these wires. If the wallbox
or juke doesnt work or gives errors after connection, and the power
measures ok then reverse these 2 wires.

If you don't have the plug and pins that are required, you could
splice these orange and white wires to the existing harness without
problems. They all run in parallel throughout the system anyway. (to
Bill Acceptor, IR Remote, Mechanism,)

Note that you can only put a maximum of 4 wallboxes on one CD juke and
they each need a unique address. (dont worry about this if you only
have one)
Any more and you need a special adaptor board. I have never seen one
of these boards, don't know what it looks like or the cost.

You don't have to set pricing, the price table, black list (blocked
tracks) and initialisation data are transmitted to the wall box upon
powering up the jukebox.

If you are going to install this on location, I would suggest a
practice run setting it up on the bench at home first, testing it and
knowing that it works and how it all works beforehand.

Old June 19th 19, 12:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Is there a diagram of the how to hook a Rowe CD wallbox to my rowe CD jukebox