Dan Gibson eats crow- AGAIN !

Old August 31st 03, 02:02 PM
trippin2-8track

Default Dan Gibson eats crow- AGAIN !

Anyone has just gotta laugh at Dan's tips for recording, and how R.
Cikovic went through them point by point, disproving practically all
of them. Documented evidence, that Danny G. is a wannabee tracking
nerd ! Check it out, especially the TR-803 remarks, Radio Shack tapes
point (Danny Geek was obviously their best customer), and the "remove
the tape from the last track" statement. My gosh, Dan really has no
clue ! (chuckle)

From: robert cikovic )
Subject: Dan's Rules for Recording 8-Tracks
Original Format
Newsgroups: alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Date: 2000/09/21

"Daniel Gibson" wrote in message
Here is my strategy for getting the most out of an 8-track recording.

1. Use only the best possible low mileage blanks. Memorex and TDK are
superior in this respect. The RS Super tapes are not too bad either.
Avod Ampex blanks. I have had the coating come off all over the head of
my recorder. Ampex used to have major problems with their tape, so keep
an eye on all Ampex carts.

the problem with the realistic supertape carts is that i found a
majority of
them flake off the back coating as well as their lubricant dries out.
they
start to "tighten up" after a few plays. i also found them to get
theirselves "bound up", especially when used in the car.
i found that the best carts i have ever used was the "scotch
dynarange"
carts, they had the best frequency response & they were really rugged.
have more of those in my car than any others. these are ones that i
recorded
years ago.
i really havent had much problems with ampex carts, i like to use the
older
ampex carts with the "brown" colored tape. they too, sound very good.

2. Get a decent recorder. The best I have ever used (and I have used a
bunch) is the RS TR-803. Dolby, Eject on all 4 tracks, pause, meters,
and excellent sound. I have an Akai recorder, and I have had a
Wollensak, and neither of them were as good as the RS. The circuitry in
the TR-803 is more modern, and the components are not as aged.
Panasonics are iffy, and my old Magnavox recorded well, but no pause.

the problem with the realistic TR-3 is that it is also a cheaply made
unit.
it is prone to problems like the plastic head mount breaking, tape
counter
faiure, motor failure. i have seen a lot of this with that model,
however,
the TR-801 is the best recorder that i have seen come from radio
shack,
however, the best recorder to date as far as build quality & sound is
the
craig/pioneer model 3302.

3. Get a bulk tape eraser. 'Nuf said!

4. Plan ahead, and break up the tracks so that you do not have a
kerchunk in the middle of the track. Might as well do it right, and make
all four programs close to the same length.

the one thing nice about the tape counters on the decks is that they
were
pretty accurate. you could tell by the elapsed time on the counter
when to
"fade out" before the track change.
realistic recorders had a really neat feature, the counter would reset
on
each track change.

5. After all the tracks are recorded, open the cart up, and remove the
blank tape left over. Much better if you do not have 3 minutes of
silence after a program!

the problem with that is that if you do that after you recorded all of
the
other tracks, is when you remove that extra tape, you will remove
parts of
the programs on the previous tracks.
what you got to do is figure the total time of the source LP, tape,
E.T.C &
divide that into 4 (this is before you do any recording). than use the
time
from one of the quarters that you divided, take that figure & use it
figure the time of one track. example= 45 div by 4= 11.25. that would
be the
ammount of time on that one track. most albums have somewhere between
41 miniutes total programming, so it would require around 8 to 10.5
miniutes
each channel plus adding a additional 40 seconds for the breaks
between
selections.
there is a mathematical formula to use if you want to do this with
proffessional quality.

6. Use my template for a nice finishing touch!

it would be nice if it worked with corel suite8

Hope this helps.
Dan
--
Daniel and Kathy Gibson
http://www.flash.net/~dkgibson

Old August 31st 03, 07:56 PM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

Just out of curiosity...does anyone pay attention to what Charlie is
posting? Personally, I think he is in love with me. At least he is
fixated on me.

Danno

P.S. I stand behind everything I posted three years ago. Time has proven
that R.Cikovic was a less than reputable 8-tracker.

From: robert cikovic )
Original Format
Newsgroups: alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Date: 2000/09/21

[...]

http://www.katestrackshack.com
"Kate's Track Shack -Your Internet Home For Inexpensive 8-tracks!!"
AND...
http://drnooseandjambone.com
"DrNoose And Jambone - Do It To The Optigan!"
Old August 31st 03, 08:23 PM
Bluemuse

Is there a point to posting a three-year-old post? Obviously it's only for
ammunition (and stale at that) for your petty ongoing war. If you're spending
time digging three years back just to try to repost possibly embarrassing
statements, then you've got way too much time on your hands and really should
find another hobby.
A lot is being said about you just by your behavior here. (This goes for
others, too. It takes two--or more--posting crap like this to keep this stupid
flame war going, and the rest of us have long since passed the point of
amusement. It's boring and infantile.)

--Bob Farace

"I only believe in fire." --Anais Nin
Old September 1st 03, 08:56 AM
Caljamscott

"Bluemuse" wrote in message
Is there a point to posting a three-year-old post? Obviously it's only for
ammunition (and stale at that) for your petty ongoing war. If you're

spending
time digging three years back just to try to repost possibly embarrassing
statements, then you've got way too much time on your hands and really

should
find another hobby.
A lot is being said about you just by your behavior here. (This goes

for
others, too. It takes two--or more--posting crap like this to keep this

stupid
flame war going, and the rest of us have long since passed the point of
amusement. It's boring and infantile.)

--Bob Farace

"I only believe in fire." --Anais Nin

This whole NEWSGROUP is a farce!

Scott
King of 8-trackin'

Old September 2nd 03, 03:36 AM
DOGGIE104

Subject: Dan Gibson eats crow- AGAIN !
From: Daniel & Kathy Gibson
Date: 8/31/2003 1:56 PM Central Daylight Time
Just out of curiosity...does anyone pay attention to what Charlie is
posting?

Charlie Who? I don't see any Charlie....later, ron
Old September 2nd 03, 12:10 PM
trippin2-8track

ok, let's see:

Doggie sent me a Wings tape in trade, that was so ****TILY fixed that
it played for 3 seconds before self-destructing, he had adhesive all
over the splice area. That rates him as another Wannabee-8tracker, who
doesn't know his tape speeds.

Scott Lifshine Caljam, sent me a cassette sample of his Caljam concert
tapes, they are UNLISTENABLE, the sound quality SUCKS. You would be
better off listening to Reed MMM. Yet another loser, combing the net
for lack of a real life. So in reality, his CALJAM tapes are the
farce- and he doesn't even OWN an 8-track player.

DAN GIBSON doesn't even know 8-track taping basics, he's a novice of
the greenest degree. Who cares how old the post is, Dan G. is around
40 years old. He grew up with 8-tracks, owns the Shack, yet knows
NOTHING about 8-tracks. He actually thought you could remove tape
from just the last track, read the post. Now THAT is immature and
infantile. Add to that, his statements that I'm on killfile, yet he
answers EVERY ONE of my posts. Dan G. is the same guy who ATTACKS
anyone, who uses anything other than his splicing foil or replacement
pads. Hmmm, wonder why, he knows ****- and is merely trying to profit
from the hobby.

BLUEMUSE you make good points, but you would be talking out the other
side of your mouth, if these same ASSHOLES called your mother, saying
they were doctors, and told her you were in a fatal car accident- and
to come to the local hospital. That is beyond flaming. From then on,
its clobberin' time.

i.e. don't bomb Pearl Harbor, then cry foul when you're surrounded by
mushroom clouds.
Old September 2nd 03, 12:12 PM
trippin2-8track

Hmmm, I'd say they are paying attention, so are you. I put up one
post, the next day there's 4 replies.

I'm gonna kick the **** out of you every time I see your name on the
net. And if I ever see you in person, you won't like it too much.
Old September 3rd 03, 01:23 AM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

That, my dear old chum, sounds like a threat. However, since it is
highly unlikely that your parole officer will let you leave the state, I
doubt very much that out paths will ever cross.

Oh, is your regular email address still ? Just want to keep
my records straight.

Danno

Old September 5th 03, 12:04 AM
trippin2-8track

parole ?? denied. never was, never will be.

email address ?? wrong one asshole. email it, see what happens.

threat ?? BWAHAHAHA!!! man, are you a wimp or what !

ever hear of the IRS ??

next question. keep the fiction to a minimum this time.
Old September 5th 03, 12:43 AM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

One last jab at this jerk, and then I promise I will put him back in the
killfile, and improve the signal-noise ratio in this group.

trippin2-8track wrote:

parole ?? denied. never was, never will be.

No surprise there. Butthead for life!

email address ?? wrong one asshole. email it, see what happens.

Already did..plenty of times. "The Nudo Family" lives there.

threat ?? BWAHAHAHA!!! man, are you a wimp or what !

Or what. On the other hand YOU my fine friend are a coward and a bully.

ever hear of the IRS ??

Trust me Bubba...unlike you, I stopped using the 1040 EZ form a long
time ago.

next question. keep the fiction to a minimum this time.

Here is a question for you. Why did you ever start posting in this NG in
the first place? It is pretty obvious that you do not even give a crap
about them in the first place.

And, in saying goodbye to this mental defective, I leave you with this
email from him:

Subject:
home player for 8 track
Date: