KD 200 Turntable Removal

Old August 13th 04, 06:28 PM
gameroomfan

Default KD 200 Turntable Removal

I'm stalled out on finishing up disassembling, cleaning, lubing and
reassembling the mech on this machine. For some reason, I can't
remove the turntable from the bearings (gunk or gum such that the ID,
or hub of the turntable is frozen to the OD of the bearings ?)

Of course, I've removed the turntable mounting screws and small
retaining 'L' brackets. Tried some tapping with a hammer but the thing
won't budge. I was going to just let it go, but after reading some
given that the turntable is not riding on the bushings, and thus has
no flex or give.

I was thinking of some combination of cold/heat.....freeze spray on
the bearings and/or heat gun on the turntable, but thought I'd check
here first to see if anyone has run across this before.

Any thoughts/experience would be appreciated!
Alex
Old August 13th 04, 09:23 PM
Joseph A. Tony Dziedzic

Shoot some penetrating oil in the area of the bearings, let it work for a few
minutes, then grab a pin punch that is just small enough to slide into the
center hole in the turntable hub where the clamp arm disc engages. Hold the
turntable edges with your hands, and have someone else tap the end of the
punch with a hammer. You'll be hitting a flat screw on the end of the
turntable shaft that secures the bearing assembly to the shaft (if you look
into the center hole of the turntable hub you'll be able to see the slot of
the screw).

It normally doesn't take much of a whack to free the turntable from the
bearings.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic