I could have hurt someone...

Old June 24th 04, 04:54 PM
Scottishmoney

Default I could have hurt someone...

I am in the bank on my day off of work, getting a bit of cash for this
weekend. I ask the teller if she has managed to save any of the Ike
Dollars, to which she replies she managed to scrape up three of them. Then
some bozo at the next teller window starts asking if I am a coin collector
blah blah blah. Then he starts mouthing off about them being worth $3 each
etc. I had to deny being a coin collector and started telling a true story
about how I give them to my kids as allowance, since they won't spend them
but instead save them etc.

I have this deal with my fave teller there, she scrapes up Ikes and I in
return by whatever $2 bills she has since she does not like having them
since nobody will take them. I think this bozo may have tried to end that
deal so he can get the Ikes. I really could have harmed him.

Dave

--
Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!

Old June 24th 04, 05:02 PM
Edward McGrath

Dave wrote: I really could have harmed him. snip Dave you could of
harmed him but you would have been caught. There are security cameras in
and around banks. I'd of followed him in the car and when he
parked,,,,,,,

Old June 24th 04, 06:38 PM
XpipedreamR

Chris Simpson wrote:
:: Ikes are not worith that much...
::
::
:: Scottishmoney wrote:
::
::: I am in the bank on my day off of work, getting a bit of cash for
::: this weekend. I ask the teller if she has managed to save any of
::: the Ike Dollars, to which she replies she managed to scrape up
::: three of them. Then some bozo at the next teller window starts
::: asking if I am a coin collector blah blah blah. Then he starts
::: mouthing off about them being worth $3 each etc. I had to deny
::: being a coin collector and started telling a true story about how I
::: give them to my kids as allowance, since they won't spend them but
::: instead save them etc.
:::
::: I have this deal with my fave teller there, she scrapes up Ikes and
::: I in return by whatever $2 bills she has since she does not like
::: having them since nobody will take them. I think this bozo may
::: have tried to end that deal so he can get the Ikes. I really could
::: have harmed him.
:::
::: Dave

No, circulated Ikes are not worth fighting over. Now maybe if they had 40%
Ikes or Peace dollars...

:-P

--
For now, I'm just trying to get this to work!

:-D

Old June 24th 04, 08:28 PM
Edward McGrath

What would Ira do? snip Ira doesn't collect junk coins from the bank.
I can't understand how Ira can sell those PQ coins, doesn't he miss them
after he sells them. I'd get to attached to sell any of them. Ed

Old June 25th 04, 12:09 AM
Jim Wild

This is a bank employee? That is not acceptable at all. Is he a
collector?

Old June 25th 04, 12:46 AM
Scottishmoney

The person was a customer. Someone obviously incapable of minding their own
business. Frankly here in town I never tell anybody I am a coin collector.

--
"Jim Wild" wrote in message
This is a bank employee? That is not acceptable at all. Is he a
collector?

Damnit: Mauer hurt already MikeCouil Card discussions 0 April 8th 04 03:52 AM
Willaim Hurt In Person? NeilLefk Autographs 2 March 19th 04 10:02 PM
Has online sales hurt the card collecting hobby? cjlcollect General 0 November 24th 03 03:25 AM
#1 hottest player in the NFL hurt... MikeCouil Card discussions 0 August 17th 03 07:41 AM
Too many auctions hurt the brouse? JSTONE9352 Coins 2 July 12th 03 09:33 PM