Envelopes

Old October 19th 04, 12:45 AM
PENMART01

Default Envelopes

I doubt that I will ever lick another envelope...

I work in a factory and we have 2 employees who used to work in
an envelope factory. They told me that when the machine jams up,
they use whatever water is handy to thin out the glue. This includes
water that they just mopped the floor with. Since then, I've avoided
licking envelopes...

1. ) If you lick your envelopes ... You won't anymore!!! A woman
was working in a post office in California. One day she licked the
envelopes and postage stamps instead of using a sponge.
That very day the lady cut her tongue on the envelope. A week later,
she noticed an abnormal swelling of her tongue. She went to the
doctor, and they found nothing wrong. Her tongue was not sore or
anything. A couple of days later, her tongue started to swell more,
and it began to get really sore, so sore, that she could not eat.

She went back to the hospital, and demanded something be done.
The doctor took an x-ray of her tongue and noticed a lump. He
prepared her for minor surgery. When the doctor cut her tongue
open, a live cockroach crawled out!! There were roach eggs on the
seal of the envelope. The egg was able to hatch inside of her
tongue, because of her saliva. Itwas warm and moist...

This is a true story reported on CNN.

Andy Hume wrote: "Hey, I used to work in an envelope factory.
You wouldn't believe the things that float around in those gum
applicator trays.

I haven't licked an envelope for years!"

3.) I used to work for a print shop (32 years ago) and we were told
NEVER to lick the envelopes. I never understood why until I had to
go into storage and pull out 2500 envelopes that were already
printed for a customer who was doing a mailing and saw several
squads of roaches roaming around inside a couple of boxes with
eggs everywhere. They eat the glue on the envelopes.

I think print shops have a harder time controlling roaches than a
restaurant. I always buy the self-sealing type. Or if need be, use a
glue stick to seal one that has the type of glue that needs to be
wet to stick.

After reading this you will probably never lick another
envelope or stamp ever again.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
Old October 19th 04, 01:22 AM
Sally G. Waters

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/tacobell.htm debunks the envelope/roach
eggs story (from which part
of this was copied verbatim). But then, all of us who watch Seinfeld already
know about all the harm that can
come from licking bad envelopes anyway!

Sally