Question: rough value estimate on 2 Michel Perchin pens

Old October 24th 04, 06:43 PM
ChrisR

Default Question: rough value estimate on 2 Michel Perchin pens

I am new to this newsgroup, but sought it out with always having luck with
meeting knowledgeable people through usenet.

I have been a very casual pen collector for quite a few years. Picking up
pens very rarely, but always looking. I purchased a couple Michel Perchin
pens from a store a few years back, and wanted to find out if anyone had a
better valuation on them than what I have been able to find through
searching the net and Ebay.

Both pens are brand new, never used and are complete with box, paperwork,
certs, etc.

Pen #1. Serpent pen - pink, same as one in this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Pen #2. Blue Ball point as shown on this page:

http://www.airlineintl.com/michelper...ballpoints.htm

Now I have seen the serpent one on ebay many times from the same guy, who
never seems to actually sell anything - hence I would imagine his prices are
too high.

It has been a very long time since I saw the Blue ballpoint on ebay, and
cannot find it for sale elsewhere on the net. I see the amber one
occasionally, but I am having a hard time on the blue one.

Any help would be appreciated. I wish I didn't care how much I could get
for them, but I may have to part with them in the near future (coins or
pens... which to sell in times of need!).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

If you can copy me on any replies to I would really
appreciate it.

Old October 24th 04, 07:21 PM
so what

Hi Chris,

Check
www.michelperchin.com

satrap
delete what doesn't belong there

Satrap
I find delusions of grandeur to be absolutely true
Old October 24th 04, 07:35 PM
ChrisR

Thanks for the reply. What I am really looking for is the open market price
for these pens, not retail pricing. Obviously, selling these pens at retail
would get me nowhere. BTW - I have spoken to the people at Michel Perchen
before and they were very nice. I really like the look of their pens, and
if I could have any one right now, it would be the desktop ballpoint - very
sweet.

Thanks again,

Chris

Old October 24th 04, 07:41 PM
Nancy Handy

ChrisR wrote:

I purchased a couple Michel Perchin pens from a store a few years
back, and wanted to find out if anyone had a better valuation on
them.... Both pens are brand new, never used and are complete with
box, paperwork, certs, etc.

My guess would be that you can try for 50 % of retail price for a Michel
Perchin fountain pen and 35% of retail for the ballpoint.

Those prices might entice someone who isn't necessarily looking for a
Michel Perchin. However sometimes you will find someone who is looking
for that exact pen at that exact time in which case you'd do better.
The whole thing boils down to Clint Eastwood's phrase: "Do you feel
lucky, punk, well do ya?"

I went to a high end jewelry store on 57th street in NYC several years
ago when they were selling off their Michel Perchin's at 50% off and
decided against it because I wasn't sure if it was a good investment.
They are like beautiful pen "jewelry", but don't seem to be actively
sought after by most collectors.
Good luck!

Nancy