Seeburg LPC1 - question about replacing caps

Old March 21st 19, 03:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Dawn Stepp

Default Seeburg LPC1 - question about replacing caps

The large cylinder capacitor replacement part is much smaller. Is this correct and how do I tell which is positive and negative? I see arrows pointing to one end with a 0 in the arrow. Could someone please confirm if this means positive?
Any other tips anyone can share is greatly welcomed.

Thank you,
Dawn
Old March 28th 19, 03:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Hi Dawn, I've done a rebuild on one of these Jukeboxes only one time and it was some years ago. As I recall that is an AC capacitor and therefore it isn't polarized but I can't recall for sure. Easiest thing to do would be to hook a voltmeter on to the old capacitor with the wires connected and see if you read DC or AC voltage. If DC, take note of the polarity before unhooking the existing capacitor. I hope this helps. If you are still unsure though don't hook up the capacitor until you know for certain what type of voltage it is and whether or not it is polarized.

Seeburg LPC1 Dave N. Juke Boxes 4 July 3rd 17 01:54 AM
Odd Seeburg LPC1 problem. Ronald Juke Boxes 1 December 1st 08 05:50 PM
Seeburg LPC1 1963 jmarion Juke Boxes 4 November 24th 08 02:35 AM
Seeburg Console - LPC1 Teddy Juke Boxes 1 July 13th 07 04:38 AM
Seeburg LPC1 [email protected] Juke Boxes 0 January 30th 06 01:45 AM