Favorite Daily Writer?

Old July 31st 03, 09:03 PM
Juan

(David Meale) wrote in message . com...
Which FP gets the job done for you day in and day out?

For me: Platinum Workhorse. Never lets me down. Only $40!

I have several regular writers. One of them is my waterman charleston.
It has been filled with ink since i bought it more than a year ago. It
is definitely my favourite (modern) waterman. It's strange that i
don't read many good thing about this pen. Well, maybe, it's just me.

Juan
Old August 1st 03, 03:37 PM
Robert Chin

"David Meale" wrote in message
om...
Which FP gets the job done for you day in and day out?

For me: Platinum Workhorse. Never lets me down. Only $40!

1.) Aurora Mare
2.) (tie) Parker Centennial/Waterman Carene

Old August 2nd 03, 11:01 AM
Ron Wilbanks

Robert Chin wrote:

1.) Aurora Mare

Excellent choice! What nib size?

--
Sincerely yours,

Ron Wilbanks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Spam filter: -1 for the real thing!

Old August 2nd 03, 12:12 PM
Garglemonster

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 10:01:59 GMT, Ron Wilbanks said:

Ron Robert Chin wrote:

1.) Aurora Mare

hmm...

I always have one or two Pelikan 800s and a Parker 51 with me.
Rather predictable, i suppose.

ho hum...

--

Am I accompanied by a PARENT or GUARDIAN?
Old August 2nd 03, 02:05 PM
Fred

1. Nakaya Wajima Nuri Shu
2. Nakaya Celluloid.

You just can't beat a nib ground to your specific writing ergonomics and
then adjusted for perfect performance.

Fred
Pen Domain
http://www.pendomain.com

Old August 2nd 03, 03:14 PM
Richard Binder

Which FP gets the job done for you day in and day out?

The one pen I'm never without is my Blue Cedar Lustraloy-cappd 1946
Parker "51". Reliable as the Earth's rotation, smooth medium nib with
a nice wet line, no frou-frou eye candy, just a pen that writes and
writes and writes.

Regards,
=Richard
http://www.richardspens.com/
Old August 2nd 03, 04:24 PM
Tim McNamara

In article ,
"Fred" wrote:

You just can't beat a nib ground to your specific writing
ergonomics and then adjusted for perfect performance.

Did you go to Japan to have this done? Without the pensmith actually
seeing you write and grinding the nib after observing the results,
there is no way to do this.
Old August 2nd 03, 05:49 PM
Matteo Slanina

Ron Wilbanks writes:

Robert Chin wrote:

1.) Aurora Mare

Excellent choice! What nib size?

--
Sincerely yours,

Welcome to the club folks, I also consider my fine point Mare my best
everyday pen.

Equally infinitely reliable are my fine "Vac 51" and stub Dupont
Orpheo, but the first one makes me write too fast and the second too
slow for everyday ideas-jotting/diagram-drawing/proof-sketching/&c.

Matteo

--
For my email address, remove .invalid and reverse the domain.
Old August 2nd 03, 06:24 PM
Robert Chin

Robert Chin wrote:

1.) Aurora Mare

Excellent choice! What nib size?

Medium...great pen for singature and just writing. Very good at writing
after not being used to days. The pen is the right size and very light.

Old August 2nd 03, 06:27 PM
Robert Chin

"Garglemonster" wrote in message

hmm...

I always have one or two Pelikan 800s and a Parker 51 with me.
Rather predictable, i suppose.

I'm planning to get the same model Pelikan and Parker one of these days. I
gave my dad a used Parker 51 for Xmas a few years back. He loved it because
he used to own one. Everytime I try it, it write beautifully. I want one.

Tell me what you think of the Pelikan 800.