Robet B. Parker and More - SALE!

Old October 13th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Willow Arune[_2_]

Default Robet B. Parker and More - SALE!

Okay, I admit it. I am nothing but a nasty profiteer...

(Actually, just an avid reader with far too many books...)

I have a hardcover copy of Parker's bio of Spenser written for the
Mysterious Press in 2007. Mysterious Press only printed 100 copies of the
hardcover book and this is Copy Number . It was not cheap when I bought
it (Over $60) and the one and only copy I have seen listed for sale on
ABEBooks sold in a few days for $250.00. I am going to list it for $400 on
ABEBooks shortly, but if anyone here feels they need to complete their
Parker with this rare title, feel free to write me.

Having acquired all the Parker books, we needed bookshelf space and
something had to go,. Parker took up three shelves, all on his own, and so
he was nominated for retirement, with a promise of a complete Spenser und in
paperback on the next trip south as a quid pro quo with my partner. The
raries are mostly gone, from GODWULF to CATSKILL, DAY AT THE RACES and such,
but remaining are *all* the Parker titles from "The Catskill Eagle" to
"Edenville Owls". All first editions, in dustjackets and all in very good
condition, but read. If you are missing any titles, drop me a line. $10
each, plus postage. You may get lucky and have a signed copy.

Oh yes, a limited first edition of STARDUST, in slipcase, for $100.00.

For those who have taste for other mystery writers, I also have available:

The Complete Travis McGee, in various mass market paperback editions
Chuck Hogan - Complete (Friend of John Sandford)
For Minnesotans and Prison Buffs - the Complete Works of E. Richard Johnson,
in hardcover firsts and *signed*, with the paperback reprints mostly signed,
and several duplicate copies.
Patricia Cornwell - Complete in First/first save for "Postmortem" with three
book club versions of that title. One title is signed (early signature).
Chris Bohjalian - Complete, all signed.
John Sandford - Complete save for last two titles.
Ken Follett - Complete in American Firsts, all signed by Follett.
Jeffrey Archer - Complete in American Firsts, all signed by Archer
Peter Blauner - Complete and signed
Jane Smiley - Complete save for last, several signed
Colleen McCullough - Compete and Signed.
Lewis Perdue - Complete, signed (he is still suing Dan Brown)
William J. Coughlin - The early English books are not represented, but the
rest of complete from DAY OR WRAITH. One signed.
Scott Turow - Complete novels, all signed.
The DA VINCI CODE - first edition, first printing with same for the
Illustrated version. Includes Book Club First as reading copy and
First/first of "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and bio of Dan Brown.

Regarding any of the above, please write if you are interested for
particulars. Shipping will be at cost by means you select.

Willow

http://pangarune.blogspot.com/
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves".
Edward R. Murrow

Old October 13th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Scot Kamins

In article 5t6Qi.11162$G25.142@edtnps89,
"Willow Arune" wrote:

Okay, I admit it. I am nothing but a nasty profiteer...

You MUST now that posting For Sale messages here is a violation of the
rec.collecting.books charter & FAQ, plus contrary to the wishes of the
membership of this group.

--
Scot Kamins
Maintaining the Modern Library collectors website
Old October 13th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Willow Arune[_2_]

Sorry to all - I have been firmly advised that the above post broke the
rules.

My mistake, and it shall not happen again.

Willow