UNI Berlin Newsserver?

Old February 17th 04, 10:54 PM
Didier Cuidet

Le Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:46:05 +0100, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
"Mette" a écrit :

Terry Steer wrote in message

One German newsserver has reorganised its accounts. If it is the one you
are using you need to change your news account to News.Individual.NET

Terry, yes, this is the newsgroup that has reorganized.
I browsed a little around, and finally found my way through
this. I have asked to be signed up, and am awaiting my
new password tomorrow. All necessary information is
given here http://news.cis.dfn.de/ in both German and
English.

That can be found in less than twenty seconds asking Google for « uni »
URL:http://www.google.fr/search?as_q=uni+berlin+news&num=100&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Recherche+Google&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=& as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt= i&as_sitesearch=

--
DC
Old February 17th 04, 11:35 PM
Tracy Barber

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:54:24 +0100, "Mette" wrote:

Tracy Barber wrote in message
news - very big snip for brevity -

[ I await all of the flames that will arive shortly. Bring 'em on. ]

Won't come from me - my ceegar burned out ... ;-)

Ahhh, must've been one o' dem coobin ceegars...

Tracy Barber
Old February 17th 04, 11:35 PM
Tracy Barber

"Mette" a écrit :

Terry Steer wrote in message

One German newsserver has reorganised its accounts. If it is the one you
are using you need to change your news account to News.Individual.NET

Terry, yes, this is the newsgroup that has reorganized.
I browsed a little around, and finally found my way through
this. I have asked to be signed up, and am awaiting my
new password tomorrow. All necessary information is
given here http://news.cis.dfn.de/ in both German and
English.

That can be found in less than twenty seconds asking Google for « uni »
URL:http://www.google.fr/search?as_q=uni+berlin+news&num=100&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Recherche+Google&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=& as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt= i&as_sitesearch=

What's wrong with the cat? :^P

Tracy Barber
Old February 17th 04, 11:39 PM
Grandpa

BOTTOM POSTED REPLY

"Mette" a écrit :

Terry Steer wrote in message

One German newsserver has reorganised its accounts. If it is the one you
are using you need to change your news account to News.Individual.NET

Terry, yes, this is the newsgroup that has reorganized.
I browsed a little around, and finally found my way through
this. I have asked to be signed up, and am awaiting my
new password tomorrow. All necessary information is
given here http://news.cis.dfn.de/ in both German and
English.

That can be found in less than twenty seconds asking Google for « uni »
URL:http://www.google.fr/search?as_q=uni+berlin+news&num=100&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Recherche+Google&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=& as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt= i&as_sitesearch=

Amusing - it only took me a few seconds using Google to see that you
don't post much to this newsgroup, so why the whining? Perhaps you got
RCSD mixed up with some of the many French groups you surf.

Old February 18th 04, 12:38 AM
Mette

URL:http://www.google.fr/search?as_q=uni...hl=fr&ie=UTF-8
&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Recherche+Google&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=& as_ft=i&as_filetyp
e=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=

Well, Didier, I am not as "fast" as you. I did it my way,
and still succeded :-)

I agree with you that I *could* have labelled my post
[OT] (like it is often done on the French group by [HS]
(hors sujet), but unfortunately forgot. If you perceive
this as a "mortal sin", I offer you my sincerest apologies
for having offended you. :-)

By now I believe that the matter is resolved, and no
further discussion needed :-)

Yours sincerely
Mette

Old February 18th 04, 09:37 AM
Victor Manta

Didier Cuidet wrote in message . ..
Le 17 Feb 2004 11:48:02 -0800, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
(Victor Manta) a écrit :

Didier Cuidet wrote in message . ..

This is a relevant question, coming from a known participant in this
NG, one who has lost the access to her NG server (and implicitely to
this NG), and who is searching for a solution.

Is there some people who is allowed to talk about everything, forgetting
the topic of the newsgroup ? Where is the list of them ?

I doubt that it is polite to say (in other words): Don't bother us
with your non-philatelic problems and search for a solution elsewhere!
I wonder if the traditional "courtoisie" isn't gradually vanishing
somewhere in France...

Courtesy is not the problem. This group is not the better one to have a
wise answer. Do you ask for bread at your car seller ?

BTW, I have exactly the same problem, and this thread helped me too.

I have a question about my cats. Is this one the right group, too ?

People here are free to post about subjects related to stamps.
Accessing this NG is a relevant subject, as already stated, being a
premise to the participation in its activity.

Courtesy shouldn't be a problem, but a habit. I don't know if you have
already asked youself why so many people have problems with you on the
French philatelic NG. Eventually read the answers that you have got in
this thread and perhaps you will get some clues.

Yes, you can speak about cats in this NG, if you relate them to
stamps. I can remember that a few years ago we had here a very
touching discussion about our dogs. If I still remember well, the
discussion was started by my page:

http://www.values.ch/Countries/Sweden/Dogs/dogs.htm

Therefore try to bring something interesting into this NG, and you
will find participants who will be interested to discuss different
aspects of the subject with you. This is actually the way for
everybody to make this NG more interesting, to attract more people and
to increase her/his chances for getting "wise" answers.

A+

Victor Manta
One of SNA

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
Art on Stamps: http://values.ch
Romania Shown by Its Stamps: http://marci-postale.com
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/Communism/
Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/
Old February 21st 04, 09:35 AM
Didier Cuidet

Le 18 Feb 2004 01:37:55 -0800, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
(Victor Manta) a écrit :

People here are free to post about subjects related to stamps.

Is the functioning of a news server related to stamps ?

Accessing this NG is a relevant subject, as already stated, being a
premise to the participation in its activity.

And the weather in some country too ?
Courtesy shouldn't be a problem, but a habit. I don't know if you have
already asked youself why so many people have problems with you on the
French philatelic NG. Eventually read the answers that you have got in
this thread and perhaps you will get some clues.

Ad hominem.

Yes, you can speak about cats in this NG, if you relate them to
stamps. I can remember that a few years ago we had here a very
touching discussion about our dogs. If I still remember well, the
discussion was started by my page:

http://www.values.ch/Countries/Sweden/Dogs/dogs.htm

No :
URL:http://www.google.fr/groups?num=100&hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&scoring=d&q=dog+group%3Arec.collecting.stamps.di scuss+author%3Acuidet&btnG=Recherche+Google

Therefore try to bring something interesting into this NG, and you
will find participants who will be interested to discuss different
aspects of the subject with you. This is actually the way for
everybody to make this NG more interesting, to attract more people and
to increase her/his chances for getting "wise" answers.

Something interesting in this NG must be philatelic.

--
DC
Old February 21st 04, 09:49 AM
Didier Cuidet

Le Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:38:44 +0100, dans rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,
"Mette" a écrit :

I agree with you that I *could* have labelled my post
[OT] (like it is often done on the French group by [HS]
(hors sujet), but unfortunately forgot. If you perceive
this as a "mortal sin", I offer you my sincerest apologies
for having offended you. :-)

You did not offended me.

But multiplication of OT messages is dangerous to a NG. People end in
believing that it is usual to talk about everything if there is [OT] in
the subject line.

It is better and more efficient to search a NG where the question is in
its right place. You will have more chances to find competent people
than in the usual group you are following.

By now I believe that the matter is resolved, and no
further discussion needed :-)

Yes.

--
DC
Old February 21st 04, 01:15 PM
Dave

If the subjects of stamps are not to be discussed, then what are stamps
supposed to be about. Without a subject, a stamp is just a piece of paper
with a denomination on it.
I am quite sure that amongst the group a number of us have gone
further with private communications to others with similar interests. I
know I have.
So far (keeping my fingers crossed) discussions of politics have been
absent from the group. I'm sure there is a broad spectrum of political
opinions in this group and I wouldn't want to know some of them. I'm sure
my own political opinions would be likewise not be welcomed by some as well.
Sure there is some off-topic stuff here. Far less than many other
groups. Much of it is for fun and essentially harmless though on occasion
some have unfortunately degenerated into something else, but that is part of
being the group we are.
Dave

URL:http://www.google.fr/groups?num=100&...=UTF-8&scoring