1996 3010 wurlitzer jukeox

Old October 27th 13, 11:59 PM
Radar Radar is offline
Junior Member

Location: Clandeoye Mb. Canada
Question 1996 3010 wurlitzer jukeox

everything about this jukebox tells me its 3010, but mine has 2 drive belts I have not found any others with 2. I can't find a serial plate. Help!!!
Old October 28th 13, 08:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
DesotoFireflite

Default 1996 3010 wurlitzer jukeox

To: Radar
1996 3010 wurlitzer jukeox
By: Radar to alt.collecting.juke-boxes on Sun Oct 27 2013 11:59 pm

Ra everything about this jukebox tells me its 3010, but mine has 2 drive
Ra belts I have not found any others with 2. I can't find a serial plate.
Ra Help!!!

Send me a pic of the front and the mech at desotofireflite at comcast net

- CAT (n.), Furry keyboard cover.

- C.G. Learn
- Valhalla Home Services! - Telnet://valhalla.synchro.net
- A Gamers Paradise - Over 100 Registered Online Game Doors!

--- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.92
Valhalla Home Services! - Over 100 Online Games! - telnet://valhalla.synchro.net
Old October 31st 13, 01:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Oldtimejuker

My 3210 has 2 belts. Best I can recall, I believe some other models had 2 also. Jukebox pictures are available at www.pinballrebel.com Ray
Old October 31st 13, 10:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 10/27/2013 4:59 PM, Radar wrote:
everything about this jukebox tells me its 3010, but mine has 2 drive
belts I have not found any others with 2. I can't find a serial plate.
Help!!!

Two drive belts? Then the machine has either a 33/45 intermix player OR
it uses two belts so that one is redundant (not likely - this wasn't
common until the 3400 AIR).

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old November 3rd 13, 03:33 AM
Radar Radar is offline
Junior Member

Location: Clandeoye Mb. Canada
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimejuker View Post
My 3210 has 2 belts. Best I can recall, I believe some other models had 2 also. Jukebox pictures are available at www.pinballrebel.com Ray
Thanks! I went to pinballrebel, found a picture of the 3010, "1966" perfect match. Still don't know wether it as 2 belts or 1, I guess i'll just order 2. Thanks a lot! Radar
Old November 3rd 13, 05:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 11/02/2013 8:33 PM, Radar wrote:
Oldtimejuker;695817 Wrote:
My 3210 has 2 belts. Best I can recall, I believe some other models had
2 also. Jukebox pictures are available at www.pinballrebel.com Ray

Thanks! I went to pinballrebel, found a picture of the 3010, "1966"
perfect match. Still don't know wether it as 2 belts or 1, I guess i'll
just order 2. Thanks a lot! Radar

Hi Radar,

As I suspected the second belt is redundant - the machine had provision
for two belts so if one broke it would keep playing...

So you only NEED one, but two will not hurt anything.

I sell belts by the way..

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com
Old December 20th 13, 02:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
rich[_2_]

--

Radar

Gentlemen,

Redundancy may have been the practical application for using two turntable belts. However, Wurlitzer marketing had something different in mind. I am quoting this directly from the 1965 Wurlitzer 2900 sales literature " NEW TURNTABLE DRIVE: The costliest professional studio turntables utilize a double belt rim drive to the flywheel. Wurlitzer had adapted this development to the Model 2900. It results in positive record speed which, coupled wiht the new solid state stereo amplifier, produces the finest high fidelity stereo music in the coin-operated music business."

That being said....they work fine with one belt! I have a W2910 and W3010. The method of playing 33/45 intermix was done by a solenoid driving the the rubber drive wheel to a different spot on the turntable motor. The end of the turntable motor shaft was a smaller diameter and therefore spun the drive wheel faster. I can't explain the physics....smaller is slower, larger is faster.

I believe the last model that used a belt on two different drive wheels was the W2700. My 2700 has been retrofitted with the newer style where one drive wheel was utilized.

Hope this explains a bit.

Rich Myers