Rockola selection issues. Chicago jukebox repair reccomendations?

Old September 13th 12, 09:47 PM
smazik smazik is offline
Junior Member

Default Rockola selection issues. Chicago jukebox repair reccomendations?

I'm having issues with my Rockola Jukebox selecting and ejects. The jukebox plays fine, but every so often when I have a series of songs selected, it will play a couple, the carousel will find the next record in line, and then the arm will not select the record. The turntable still spins, but no record is selected.

For example, you pick record number 24, 45 and 60. Records 24 plays and rejects, 45 is selected, plays and rejects. The the record carousel rotates to record position 60, stops, and then does not play the record. The turntable continues to spin. If I turn the jukebox off and then on again, the turntable spins, but the record still doesn't select. A couple times after I turn on the jukebox, the record eventually selects and plays out the rest of the sequence. I can then select several songs, but it eventually will happen again.

Also once in a while the jukebox will get to the end of a record, but the record will continue spinning without rejecting. There must be something not registering to the arm that makes it unable to select the records.

Again, this doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to be frustrating. I was wondering if this is something you are familiar with and what it would cost to fix. I live in Northwest Chicago and would be curious about inhome repair.

I've posted about this previously and haven't gotten anywhere. I was wondering if anybody had any advice or new of a good chicago jukebox tech.
Old September 20th 12, 11:24 PM
Riyka Riyka is offline
Junior Member

Hi,
Im not an engineer , but as no one else has posted i will try and help!
With regards to the first problem i would clean all the switches ( buy some switch cleaner , soak some old title cards and rub between the contacts ) normally helps with most issues......
The "Not ejecting" is an adjustment on the tone arm ? Or another switch issue !

Normally a good clean and lube sorts most things out !

Good luck
Old October 1st 12, 01:21 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Oldtimejuker

--

smazik

It would be more helpful if you include the model # of your machine. By the selection numbers you listed I'm guessing you have a 50's model. Your problem could be caused by a gripper motor (the one that transfers the record to the turntable) that needs new brushes, needs oiled, or taken apart & cleaned (not a beginner project). When it happens try turning the little shaft that sticks out the back of the motor. If this starts it running, it needs servicing.
Always Jukin' magazine lists repair people by location. You can view a sample copy at www.alwaysjukin.com Ray