Previously-Unknown Date for Morgan Dollar Series

Old January 28th 05, 01:47 AM
RLWinnetka

Default Previously-Unknown Date for Morgan Dollar Series

You'll have to make a new hole in your album for this one, the earliest known
date in the Morgan dollar series! (So early, that Mr. Morgan had not actually
been born yet.) Inscrutably hidden in the Medieval section of eBay, it may be
overlooked by buyers searching for "Blast White very Choice" Morgan dollars:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...em=39541205 6
3&rd=1

Not deterred by the $22.00 shipping and handling charge (+$3 insurance), it has
been bid up to $82.00 as I write this by bidders with "confidence in me and my
knowledge of antiques," according to the seller, jetsetbuyer_art of China.
There are three mysteries here, though: (1) who are "all my customers," since
jetsetbuyer_art has Zero feedback? (2) who is doing the bidding, since this is
a private auction? And (3) is there really anyone so stupid or ignorant as to
think this silverless fake might have been made more than a few months ago?!

I haven't done my duty and alerted eBay on this one. I just got through
viewing a Mexican 5 pesos from pathetically badly-engraved dies, but at least
in that case the silver content is helpfully shown as "0" gramos. And the
starting price was preposterous. But maybe this "1798" dollar really has
people fooled.

Bob Leonard

Old January 28th 05, 02:06 AM
K6AZ

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 01:50:58 GMT, Bruce Farley wrote:

It is gone now so you did good.

Nope, still up. His URL wrapped. Try this one:

K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm
Old January 28th 05, 02:16 AM

Sorry about that, Eric. Will try to do better next time.

Bob

Old January 28th 05, 05:50 AM
Frank Provasek

From the same seller

At least the silver content is correct

0 Gramos

Old January 28th 05, 04:57 PM

AND, its the rare SIX TAIL FEATHER VARIETY!!!!!!!!!!
TD
..

Old January 28th 05, 08:18 PM
Wes Chormicle

Check out his other blast white Morgan's!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjetsetbuyer_art

"RLWinnetka" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old January 28th 05, 09:40 PM
websurfer

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

Wes, Did you get a look at his 1976 Morgan? It's looking straight at you!
Nice huh? You wouldn't just happen to have any '76's in stock would you?
Might be nice to have one...
Websurfer :-)

Old January 28th 05, 10:59 PM
John Ahnen

I'm tempted to bid $1,000,000 just to keep someone else from buying it. It
would be worth the negative feedback.

oups.com...

Old January 28th 05, 11:00 PM
Tony Clayton