Free room dehumidifier trick

Old October 1st 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
RS

Default Free room dehumidifier trick

I heard about this way to get moisture out of the air that I wanted to
pass on. I've been doing
it for the last two weeks and it works great. Take one or two plastic
2 liter bottles (the kind
soda comes in work well). Fill them with water and put them in the
freezer. Then put them in an area where you want to protect books
from moisture. Put something at the bottom that will collect water
well (aluminum pans work well). As the ice melts it attracts the
moisture of the room to the outside of the bottle and it collects in
the pans.

--
Robert Pearson
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net

Old October 1st 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"RS" wrote in message
ups.com...
I heard about this way to get moisture out of the air that I wanted to
pass on. I've been doing
it for the last two weeks and it works great. Take one or two plastic
2 liter bottles (the kind
soda comes in work well). Fill them with water and put them in the
freezer. Then put them in an area where you want to protect books
from moisture. Put something at the bottom that will collect water
well (aluminum pans work well). As the ice melts it attracts the
moisture of the room to the outside of the bottle and it collects in
the pans.

Huh?
So now you have pans full of water, adding moisture (evaporating) back into
the air?

But I think your jokes are kinda cute.

Old October 1st 07, 11:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
HTH

"Kris Baker" wrote in message

"RS" wrote in message
ups.com...
I heard about this way to get moisture out of the air that I wanted to
pass on. I've been doing
it for the last two weeks and it works great. Take one or two plastic
2 liter bottles (the kind
soda comes in work well). Fill them with water and put them in the
freezer. Then put them in an area where you want to protect books
from moisture. Put something at the bottom that will collect water
well (aluminum pans work well). As the ice melts it attracts the
moisture of the room to the outside of the bottle and it collects in
the pans.

Huh?
So now you have pans full of water, adding moisture (evaporating) back into
the air?

But I think your jokes are kinda cute.

Eh ? Moisture in the warm air condenses on the cold bottles and
runs down into the pan.

As happens on the inside of cold windows etc.

HTH

Old October 1st 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
RF

On Sep 30, 10:21 pm, RS wrote:
and it collects in the pans.

Where it will evaporate back into the room.
Dumbest suggestion of the week!

Old October 1st 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"HTH" wrote in message

"Kris Baker" wrote in message

"RS" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Gotcha. You have no answer.

Old October 1st 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
HTH

"Kris Baker" wrote in message
. net...

"HTH" wrote in message

"Kris Baker" wrote in message

"RS" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Here are 2 sentences.

1. The water that is now in the pans, was formerly in atmosphere.

2. As a result, the atmosphere is now drier than it was before.

Now if you'd like to pick out which of those two sentences you're
having the biggest problem with, we could maybe take it from there.

HTH

Old October 2nd 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Kris Baker

"HTH" wrote in message

"Kris Baker" wrote in message
. net...

"HTH" wrote in message

"Kris Baker" wrote in message

"RS" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Neither.

The only function you're providing is entertainment (for me).

Kris

Old October 12th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
RS

On Oct 1, 5:55 am, RF wrote:
On Sep 30, 10:21 pm, RS wrote:

and it collects in the pans.

Where it will evaporate back into the room.
Dumbest suggestion of the week!

Wow, did you ever think of taking the water in the pan out of the
room?

Old October 12th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
RF

On Oct 12, 9:06 am, RS wrote:
On Oct 1, 5:55 am, RF wrote:

On Sep 30, 10:21 pm, RS wrote:

and it collects in the pans.

Where it will evaporate back into the room.
Dumbest suggestion of the week!

Wow, did you ever think of taking the water in the pan out of the
room?

So I should run in and out of the room to empty the pan, is that your
theory?
You are a frigging moron!
Just admit your "idea" is a crackpot notion and move on!

Old October 13th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
RS

It wasn't "my idea" but it is one I have
been using to great benefit for a month now.

(It's a great pleasure to have to deal with the
worthless flamers without sinking to their level).

Why don't you go try to stamp out free speech
somewhere else? Maybe a small country or something?

New Firefox trick bgg Coins 2 June 17th 07 11:25 PM
Oh man; missed Cheap Trick! Sue H Autographs 2 September 24th 06 10:46 PM
Trick Pony in-person snothead Autographs 0 July 24th 05 07:10 PM
FS: 1993-94 U.D. "Hat Trick" 20-Card Sub-Set J.R. Sinclair Hockey 0 August 16th 04 05:32 AM
Cheap Trick postal1969 Autographs 1 July 26th 03 07:54 PM