1853 2 1/2 dollar gold coin

Old February 2nd 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default 1853 2 1/2 dollar gold coin

I use google for other types of research so when someone asked what an
1853 us 2 1/2 D gold coin was worth, I knew that it could be found
here. Very nice, not a fake or other problems. It was found recently in
an estate by a non computer literate type and not for sale. There is a
small sentimental history to the coin, which doesn't increase the
value, but provides the "proof" that it is not fake, at least to the
owners. Any help is appreciated, as they are curious what they have.
Thanks

Old February 2nd 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"mjarcade" wrote in message
ups.com...
I use google for other types of research so when someone asked what an
1853 us 2 1/2 D gold coin was worth, I knew that it could be found
here. Very nice, not a fake or other problems. It was found recently in
an estate by a non computer literate type and not for sale. There is a
small sentimental history to the coin, which doesn't increase the
value, but provides the "proof" that it is not fake, at least to the
owners. Any help is appreciated, as they are curious what they have.
Thanks

In very fine condition, a grade typically encountered, Coin World gives $150
as the retail price. There are many variables, though, that can affect the
value, sometimes dramatically.

Mr. Jaggers

Old February 2nd 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"mjarcade" wrote in news:1138850389.497328.57050
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I use google for other types of research so when someone asked what an
1853 us 2 1/2 D gold coin was worth, I knew that it could be found
here. Very nice, not a fake or other problems. It was found recently in
an estate by a non computer literate type and not for sale. There is a
small sentimental history to the coin, which doesn't increase the
value, but provides the "proof" that it is not fake, at least to the
owners. Any help is appreciated, as they are curious what they have.
Thanks

I would take it to a reputable, and experienced coin dealer anyway. Many
folks inherit a family heirloom which turns out to be fake.

"But it's been in the family for decades!"

Mark
Old February 2nd 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Thanks for the response. anyone know of a coin dealer in the Nashville
TN area?