Ben Franklin Commemoratives not shipping until the end of April?

Old January 17th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Ben Franklin Commemoratives not shipping until the end of April?

All of them are marked "product available for shipping 4/30/2006".. what
the!?

Did i finally get onto the US Mint's site too late? Did anyone who got on
earlier see the same three and a half month wait or did they sell so many
earlier today that now new orders are pushed back that far?

Harv

Old January 17th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Harv wrote:
All of them are marked "product available for shipping 4/30/2006"..
what the!?

Did i finally get onto the US Mint's site too late? Did anyone who
got on earlier see the same three and a half month wait or did they
sell so many earlier today that now new orders are pushed back that
far?

Me too. When I started the tortuous process of ordering my BF Bucks, the
shipping date was 2/1/2006. By the time I had finished, it had slipped
to 4/30.

At this point, I'll be happy if I get them at all.

--
Bob

Old January 17th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Harv, after around 45 minutes, I finally got mine, and I got the same
thing, plus it said "backordered". Do you or anyone else know what
this means? Did they sell out and plan to mint more? $140.95 for
about $33 worth of silver....

Old January 17th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ο "Harv" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
All of them are marked "product available for shipping 4/30/2006".. what
the!?

Did i finally get onto the US Mint's site too late? Did anyone who got on
earlier see the same three and a half month wait or did they sell so many
earlier today that now new orders are pushed back that far?

No Harv, they were saying the same thing even *before* today noon.
I saw it when I visited the relevant page a couple a days ago.
So I suppose it has something to do with the minting/distribution process...

Stay well

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Harv

Old January 17th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Mr. Ed" wrote in message
oups.com...
Harv, after around 45 minutes, I finally got mine, and I got the same
thing, plus it said "backordered". Do you or anyone else know what
this means? Did they sell out and plan to mint more? $140.95 for
about $33 worth of silver....

I have no idea what it means, Ed, and i've been trying their 1-800 number to
place an order and getting a "your call cannot be answered at this time" for
hours.

What I want to know is if i order them on the Web site, are they going to
charge me immediately, or not until they ship at the end of April, and I
can't find this information anywhere, which is why i'm trying to call them
and getting nowhere. Sigh..

Harv

"Buffalo Dollar redux?"..

Old January 17th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:09:40 GMT, "Harv" wrote:

All of them are marked "product available for shipping 4/30/2006".. what
the!?

Did i finally get onto the US Mint's site too late? Did anyone who got on
earlier see the same three and a half month wait or did they sell so many
earlier today that now new orders are pushed back that far?

Harv

The Mint is pre-selling, just like they do every time they sell
commemoratives. They were never set for distribution until April.

Reclining Buddha

The Original Couch Potato!
Old January 17th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Mr. Ed wrote:
Harv, after around 45 minutes, I finally got mine, and I got the same
thing, plus it said "backordered". Do you or anyone else know what
this means? Did they sell out and plan to mint more? $140.95 for
about $33 worth of silver....

Mine says:

Shipping Date: Whenever. We'll surprise you.

I remember my Dolley Madisons plummeting right after I bought them and
never recovering.

Old January 17th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mr. Ed wrote:
Harv, after around 45 minutes, I finally got mine, and I got the same
thing, plus it said "backordered". Do you or anyone else know what
this means? Did they sell out and plan to mint more? $140.95 for
about $33 worth of silver....

Mine says:

Shipping Date: Whenever. We'll surprise you.

I remember my Dolley Madisons plummeting right after I bought them and
never recovering.

Gorgeous coin. I had my Unc slabbed by PCGS, MS69 of course. The US Mint
should contract out more designs to Tiffany and Co. Were Ben "Lusty"
Franklin and Dolley "Va-va-voom" Madison contemporaries? I wonder if..
naah..

Harv

Old January 18th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

That last time I ordered something with a waiting period from the US
Mint, my credit card was not charged until they actually shipped.
That actually works better for a store, because if things get screwed
up and they can't send someone an order, they don't have to go through
the process of processing refunds. Amazon.com does things the same
way.

Old January 18th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Harv" wrote

What I want to know is if i order them on the Web site, are they going to
charge me immediately, or not until they ship at the end of April, and I
can't find this information anywhere, which is why i'm trying to call them
and getting nowhere. Sigh..

Harv

"Buffalo Dollar redux?"..

Harv, evertime I've had my order "backordered, the Mint has not charged my
credit card until my items have shipped. This last happened with the 12
Marine Corp Commems I ordered.

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mysite.verizon.net/jcarney44/coins/rccers.html