Pop Survey

Old October 17th 04, 10:49 PM
Bluesea

Default Pop Survey

This survey veers away from our beloved fps over to our less-discussed mps:

1. What is your favorite mechanical pencil and what size lead does it take?

2. Do you have a favorite mp for using and another favorite for pocket/purse
jewelry?

For me, for all 'round just-plain-using, it's the Pentel 120 A3DX (A315)
drafting pencil, .5mm lead, because I like the weight, balance, and the
grip.

For show, it's the Parker Sonnet, also .5mm, because it's both comfortable
to use and matches the rb that you-all convinced me to buy .

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old October 17th 04, 11:05 PM
KCat

"Bluesea" wrote in message
This survey veers away from our beloved fps over to our less-discussed

mps:

1. What is your favorite mechanical pencil and what size lead does it

take?

Pelikan D200/250 - .7mm 2B or B lead.
but I have to mention my Faber-Castell "e-motion" in bright yellow plastic.
Very comfy little pencil with 1.4mm lead. I like this one for crosswords.
dunno why. it's B lead I think. soft but not too soft.

2. Do you have a favorite mp for using and another favorite for

pocket/purse
jewelry?

nah. I only use pencils when working and since I work at home... no one to
impress.

--
KtVF

For Pen Talk, Images, Trading and Reviews: The Fountain Pen Network
http://pagesperso.laposte.net/fpnet

For Lupus Support and Info
http://www.ghg.net/schwerpt/ASLFAQ/

Old October 18th 04, 02:29 AM
Garglemonster

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:05:57 GMT, "KCat"
said:

1. What is your favorite mechanical pencil and what size lead
does it take?

Hard to say. I guess the one i reach for these days is a vintage
Pelikan. I think it takes the vintage leads which are 1.2mm or 1.1 or
something. I use 4b leads and I'd probably use even softer leads if i
could find them. In my case, the graphite determines the pencil. I
actually prefer my plain, non-vintage Caran d'Ache pencil, but it
takes 0.7mm, and the softest lead i can find for that is 2b. I don't
think the 0.5mm pencils are worth bothering with, despite the greater
selection in graphite.

2. Do you have a favorite mp for using and another favorite for
pocket/purse jewelry?

No. First of all, normal people are not impressed by such things, or
if they are, it's negatively, with one's fetishism. Moreover, almost
all the writing i do is alone, and since i tend to lose pens and
pencils if i don't keep them more secure, others rarely lay eyes on
them.

--

This TOPS OFF my partygoing experience! Someone I DON'T LIKE is
talking to me about a HEART-WARMING European film ...
Old October 18th 04, 02:29 PM
BL

Bluesea wrote:
This survey veers away from our beloved fps over to our less-discussed
mps:

1. What is your favorite mechanical pencil and what
size lead does it take?

Parker 51 repeater (push down on cap to advance lead). I use the demi
size pencils which differ from the full size pencils only in cap length
(demi caps are a little shorter). They use 0.9 leads and Parker E16 (for
Sonnet/Insignia) (6mm) erasers.

2. Do you have a favorite mp for using and another
favorite for pocket/purse jewelry?

No.

Old October 19th 04, 10:37 AM

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:49:35 GMT, "Bluesea"
wrote:

This survey veers away from our beloved fps over to our less-discussed mps:

1. What is your favorite mechanical pencil and what size lead does it take?

Faber-Castell TK Vario .5mm 4H Lead

2. Do you have a favorite mp for using and another favorite for pocket/purse
jewelry?

Caran d'arch .7mm
- has a retractable sleeve, no holes in my pocket

Old October 19th 04, 05:00 PM
David

Bluesea said:

This survey veers away from our beloved fps over to our less-discussed mps:

1. What is your favorite mechanical pencil and what size lead does it take?

Two "Sumo Grip" made by Sakura, Japan, 0.9 mm and 0.5 mm, 2B lead. Fat
comfy grip, large twist-mechanism retractable eraser (uses the same
refills as Sanford/Rotring click erasers). Not glamorous, but I've
never found a famous-name high-quality pencil that matched the function
of these under-ten-dollar ones for me. (I. e. the eraser is large,
good, and easy to use.)
Rotring Core uses the same erasers, but in a very clumsy way.

Old October 20th 04, 01:36 AM
mz

Bluesea wrote:

This survey veers away from our beloved fps over to our less-discussed mps:

1. What is your favorite mechanical pencil and what size lead does it take?

A silver plated Eversharp from the teens of the last
century, which stays at my desk. It uses 0.9 mm.

2. Do you have a favorite mp for using and another favorite for pocket/purse
jewelry?

Not really; there are a couple that are part of sets,
which I'll use when I anticipate a need for more than one
writing instrument.

Mark Z.
Old October 20th 04, 04:12 AM
DaveW

1. What is your favorite mechanical pencil and what size lead does it
take?

I haven't used one in years. In fact, I rarely use pencils these days
except a red Faber for editing other's work and the occasional Dixon
Tricondiroca No. 2.

2. Do you have a favorite mp for using and another favorite for
pocket/purse
jewelry?

I guess not.

Dave

SURVEY TIME: Postage when you started TTM collecting? pe2 Autographs 6 January 21st 05 12:59 PM
SURVEY TIME for kick-off 2005 pe2 Autographs 8 January 10th 05 06:42 AM
Pop Survey Bluesea Pens & Pencils 27 October 7th 04 10:28 PM
Pop Survey Bluesea Pens & Pencils 18 September 30th 04 11:05 PM
Pop Survey Bluesea Pens & Pencils 28 July 16th 04 07:03 PM