Carson City Dilemma

Old March 8th 04, 01:09 AM
Dan769

Default Carson City Dilemma

What are everyones thoughts on the almost doubling of prices of some CC
Morgans? Is this a sustainable, or will they tumble back down to where they
were?

The reason I ask is I am 3 coins away from finishing the 13 coin series and
wondering if I should by now before the prices keep rising, or wait till it
corrects itself like coins did in the early 90's. I could just buy lower grade
examples, but 2 of the dates I need are 1880 & 1885, the prices for them
circulated are still in the hundreds of dollars:1880 EF40 $250, MS63DMPL $ 500.
And how often do you come across those 2 dates circulated with no problems,
NEVER, because I have been looking and haven't found anything decent.

So do I finish it now, or wait(hope) the prices settle back?
Oh one more thing, but don't let this sway your answer I told this to my wife
and explaned it may cost about $ 1500 to finish the set, she says GO FOR IT,
Get em before they go any higher!!!

God, I love that women,
Dan769
Old March 8th 04, 01:17 AM
Larry Louks

Dan769 wrote:
God, I love that women,
Dan769

Dan, it sounds like you have indeed got yourself a wonderful gal! You
wouldn't want to disappoint her nor to thwart the counsel that she offered
you, would you? I didn't think so. So, just haul off, and GO FOR IT!

Larry
'no hesitating'

Old March 8th 04, 01:19 AM
Bruce Remick

"Dan769" wrote in message
[...]

I'd do as she says! And join the club! My wife said GO FOR IT when I told
her the new softball bat I wanted would cost $300. It would be interesting,
though, to see the reaction of our wives if we switched stories.

Bruce

Old March 8th 04, 01:24 AM
Davey

"Dan769" wrote in message
[...]

Can't really tell what's going to happening with prices in the future.

FWIW I don't think that prices will slide back very far, if at all.

But, heck does you wife have a single/available sister who thinks like her?
:-)

All the Best!
Davey
--Available

Old March 8th 04, 01:25 AM
Ed Hendricks

"Dan769" wrote in message

God, I love that women,
Dan769

Wouldn't consider a trade, would you? :-) Just kidding of course. I
already have one that grades out about the same. Got rid of an old baggy
example to get her. Haven't regretted it one second. Good luck on
finishing your set.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old March 8th 04, 01:56 AM
K6AZ

On 08 Mar 2004 01:09:10 GMT, (Dan769) wrote:

[...]

Yep, sounds like you have a good woman, much more understanding
than mine. She goes on strike when I buy something expensive.

The 1880 and 1885 are very hard to find in circulated. The 1880 I would
try to find in a nice 63, and that is going to run you about $400 for one that
is accurately graded. On the 1885, there is a small spread between 62, 63
and 64, so I would hold out for a 64. A nice accurately graded 64 will run
you $525-575.

There has been a large runup on the Carson City dollars in the last year.
I would normally say they would come down, but I am seeing tremendous
interest in them now from new collectors. The demand is what is driving
the CC prices. My thought is to get what you need now, as they will always
be in demand and easy to sell if need be.

I have some favorite sources for Morgans, so feel free to email me and
I will put you in touch.
--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm
Old March 8th 04, 02:08 AM
Dan769

I was shocked myself when she said go ahead. We have a baby on the way, so I
didn't think she be too keen on the idea. She definitely floored me with that
responce.
Eric, I agree with you and her, get em now. There seems to have always been a
premium on CC dollars and you're right in the resale factor.

Dan769
Old March 8th 04, 02:24 AM
Dan769

Yes, do I ever know. If she said this a few days ago the other 2 you had would
be coming my way.Life is timing.

Dan769

ST Auctionne with Cinema Collection binders! ooooo! Lynne Stewart Cards:- non-sport 0 March 23rd 04 03:46 PM
PR: Coin show at Carson City NV Mint this weekend ... Ken Barr Coins 2 September 6th 03 02:23 PM
CPK D O L L S FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:30 AM
CPK Items For Sale!!! Disregard Below - Sorry Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 08:48 PM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 02:11 AM