Edmonton, Alberta Spring Show needs exhibits

Old February 23rd 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bobstamp

Default Edmonton, Alberta Spring Show needs exhibits

Dear philatelic exhibitor,

Below is the text of an e-mail from David Piercey, Chairman of the
Edmonton Spring National philatelic exhibition and bourse, March
23-25. It is self-explanatory. David and exhibitors everywhere would
be most appreciative if you could plan to exhibit in Edmonton. The
prospectus and application form for attached.

I'll put in a plug for Vanpex 2007 as well. Vanpex is scheduled for
June 8-10 at the Richmond Curling Club in Richmond, BC. Full details
are on the BC Philatelic Society web site, at http://www.bcphilatelic.org.
We need exhibits too! :-)

Bob Ingraham
Exhibits Chair, Vanpex 2007
http://www.bcphilatelic.org

------------------------------------

David's e-mail:

Have you determined whether you may be exhibiting this year at our
Edmonton Spring National, March 23-25, 2007? Remember this is an
annual National level exhibition and show, and is one of the longest
running annual RPSC-accredited shows in Canada.

I would like to invite and encourage you to consider entering your
exhibits this year with us once again.

There is still time to make application, and the prospectus and entry
form are conveniently attached to this e-mail. In addition, they may
be downloaded at www.edmontonstampclub.com, where you will also find
additional information on our show this year. The deadline for entries
is March 1, and all entries would be gratefully accepted.

We are, of course, facing the same “crunch” all stamp shows face in
attracting and retaining strong exhibits, maintaining a varied dealer
bourse, and attracting the collecting public to our shows. The future
of stamp shows seems to rest in all our hands, and there is no
immediate panacea to remedy our apparent malaise. Your support in this
regard is consequently quite important in ensuring the continuing
health of our hobby and the exhibiting fraternity. So please give this
request your serious consideration.

This year our judging panel consists of Sam Chiu (Toronto), Brian
Atkins (BC), Arlene Sullivan (BC), David Cooper (NS) and Robert Lane
(AB). You will find our club, and the venue, welcoming and rewarding.
If you also choose to attend, you may also find some new material for
your exhibits or collections. (I know I usually do.)

Thank you.

David Piercey
Exhibits Chairman
RPSC Judging Coordinator and Director

David's e-mail is
Information about the show is at
http://www.edmontonstampclub.com/about_us_spring.html

Old February 24th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John Taormina

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
On 23 Feb 2007 11:47:00 -0800, "Bobstamp" found these
unused words floating about:

Dear philatelic exhibitor,

Below is the text of an e-mail from David Piercey, Chairman of the
Edmonton Spring National philatelic exhibition and bourse, March
23-25. It is self-explanatory. David and exhibitors everywhere would
be most appreciative if you could plan to exhibit in Edmonton. The
prospectus and application form for attached.

Attachments are verboten in TEXT ONLY newsgroups.

Bob Ingraham
Exhibits Chair, Vanpex 2007
http://www.bcphilatelic.org

------------------------------------

David's e-mail:

Have you determined whether you may be exhibiting this year at our
Edmonton Spring National, March 23-25, 2007? Remember this is an
annual National level exhibition and show, and is one of the longest
running annual RPSC-accredited shows in Canada.

Yes, I've made that determination not to go through the hassles of
ex-country shipment and display..

I would like to invite and encourage you to consider entering your
exhibits this year with us once again.

"Once again" presumptionus, eh? - sorry ,never have, never will.
(Never say "Never" ... eh?)

Thank you.

David Piercey
Exhibits Chairman
RPSC Judging Coordinator and Director

David's e-mail is
Information about the show is at
http://www.edmontonstampclub.com/about_us_spring.html

??

Hail Sir Knight!
I can't locate any attachments - perhaps it's my ancient computer
technology! And ... I wouldn't worry about being offended by any
(imagined or otherwise) presumptuous behavior on the part of the sender!
After all ... the email is not addressed to you! Take care. I hope you
have a great day!
--
John Taormina The MIDDLE-AGED one in Australia
To email me you must remove "notme" and "jack"
Old February 24th 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
On 23 Feb 2007 11:47:00 -0800, "Bobstamp" found these
unused words floating about:

Below is the text of an e-mail from David Piercey, Chairman of the
Edmonton Spring National philatelic exhibition and bourse, March
23-25. It is self-explanatory. David and exhibitors everywhere would
be most appreciative if you could plan to exhibit in Edmonton.
Bob Ingraham

Dear philatelic exhibitor,

Below is the text of an e-mail from David Piercey, Chairman of the
Edmonton Spring National philatelic exhibition and bourse, March
23-25. It is self-explanatory. David and exhibitors everywhere would
be most appreciative if you could plan to exhibit in Edmonton. The
prospectus and application form for attached.
David Piercey

Attachments are verboten in TEXT ONLY newsgroups.

It is obvious (even for me, a person with a quite limited knowledge of
English) that Bob is _citing_ somebody.

Just FYI, Bob is a long time participant in this ng, who was very active in
the past, and who surely knows its rules.

That's why I don't understand your comment. BTW, I suppose that nobody here
trumt von einem zweiten (dreams of a second) DC.

--
Victor Manta, AIJP, PWO, PASIC

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old February 24th 07, 08:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John Taormina

Victor Manta wrote:
"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
[...]

Dear Victor:
My comment was simple. I can't find an attachment, yet that was the
complaint! Has it been removed? Was it ever there? As for Sir FA's other
complaint, I (like you with me) don't understand it at all!
Old February 24th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bobstamp

My apologies for causing such utter confusion! I never knew that
collectors could so easily confused! Of course, some of my club
members get lost on the way to the washroom.... :-)

I do know that attachments are verboten, which is why there were no
attachments. I just forgot to remove the comment about them! If anyone
would like me to e-mail the attachments (prospectus and applications,
for either or both the Edmonton shop and Vanpex, please let me know.

Bob

Old February 24th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message

There are many here who 'forget' or never 'knew' the charter and general
USENET guides about attachments.

How many there are here, Sir?

I'm just curious because I see no one who posted an attachment during the
last 2-3 months. Do you?

--
Victor Manta

Old February 25th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John Taormina

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 01:50:46 GMT, John Taormina

Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
[...]

Dear John,

It's -=not=- an email, but a posting!
The 'attachment' may have been stripped by a wiser ISP/newsserver than many.
Check out the problems with someone outside Canada exhibiting IN Canada!

Keep flying on your wing, margin.

Many thanks Sir Knight for your enlightened and apposite posting. Please
excuse my woeful ignorance.
Old February 25th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 21:46:57 +0100, "Victor Manta"
found these unused words floating about:

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
. ..

There are many here who 'forget' or never 'knew' the charter and general
USENET guides about attachments.

How many there are here, Sir?

I'm just curious because I see no one who posted an attachment during the
last 2-3 months. Do you?

Knit
Pick
Wick

Pedantic as always ...

Pedantic means that you say 100 and I say, no, no, no, it's 99.

But if you say "many" and the reality is zero, then the situation is totally
different. I don't know which term describes it at best, the choice being
quite large, that's why I prefer to save on bandwidth.

--
Victor Manta