A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Rockola 442/443 Graphic

Old January 21st 10, 02:41 AM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Aug 2009
Default Rockola 442/443 Graphic

I've noticed on this 443 I've recently purchased there's a length of black insulating tape stuck on the underside of the "table" under the numbers bank below the words Rock-Ola 443. It covers a long regular rectangular clear gap in the mostly black graphic, it's probabably a foot by half an inch. In photos I've seen, there appears to be a line of several blue/green half inch squares in this position, I guess the original strip fell off over time. Has anyone got a clear photo of these they could post? I could probably be able to make up a copy if I knew exactly what they were.

Thanks!
Ads
Old January 21st 10, 11:33 AM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse Riley View Post
I've noticed on this 443 I've recently purchased there's a length of black insulating tape stuck on the underside of the "table" under the numbers bank below the words Rock-Ola 443. It covers a long regular rectangular clear gap in the mostly black graphic, it's probabably a foot by half an inch. In photos I've seen, there appears to be a line of several blue/green half inch squares in this position, I guess the original strip fell off over time. Has anyone got a clear photo of these they could post? I could probably be able to make up a copy if I knew exactly what they were.

Thanks!
Hi Bob,

I see that Stanmann's have a copy of that glass on their website, but can not see any mention of transfers etc to go in there. I would email Hildgard/Oliver to see if they have something or know what should go in that aperture.
• Internet: www.Jukebox-World.de

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old January 21st 10, 11:55 AM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hood View Post
Hi Bob,

I see that Stanmann's have a copy of that glass on their website, but can not see any mention of transfers etc to go in there. I would email Hildgard/Oliver to see if they have something or know what should go in that aperture.
• Internet: www.Jukebox-World.de

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Thanks for that Alan.

Someone has since told me it is for "personalising" the jukebox with the name of the location or whatever.

Regards,

Bob
Old January 21st 10, 12:10 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse Riley View Post
Thanks for that Alan.

Someone has since told me it is for "personalising" the jukebox with the name of the location or whatever.

Regards,

Bob
Hi Bob,

You could be right about that, In the USA licencing of music is big business so it could have been for licence details or as you say just the opperators details.

Regards
Alan