Delays on getting eternal-spetember posts

Old September 23rd 10, 06:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

Default Delays on getting eternal-spetember posts

Earlier this year I experienced a problem with receiving rcc posts through
my eternal-september account. They were not downloaded to my reader until I
used the Tools/Get Next XXX Headers command to flush them out. These
"failure to transmit" delays lasted a few weeks and then mysteriously
cleared up. There wasn't any clear pattern of it always happening only to
specific posters although it seemed to be confined to a limited number of
threads.

Over the past week it's been happening again. A few minutes ago I forced a
download and got 18 posts that had been posted on rcc way back in early
September and missed by early-september.org. (An ironic coincidence, I
presume.) This was despite the fact that I already had used this command
several times between then and now.

Is anyone else experiencing this from your e-s news account?

If you aren't doing this regularly, you might be surprised at how many posts
you missed because of this problem. It also happens with another newsgroup
I read through e-s. One symptom is seeing replies to a post that hasn't
shown up on your reader.

- mazorj, Bothered and Bewildered (But Not Bewitched)

Old September 23rd 10, 07:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
cnntp

? "mazorj" ?????? ??? ??????
[...]

Try cnntp, much mor reliable and of course...free.

rgrds

Old September 23rd 10, 08:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"cnntp" wrote in message
? "mazorj" ?????? ??? ??????
[...]

Thanks, although as with most decisions to change something in life, I won't
do anything until the pain and bother of the status quo exceeds the pain and
bother of making the switch. I'm nowhere near that yet with e-s. This was
merely an easily overcome annoyance.

Old September 23rd 10, 10:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
cnntp

? "mazorj" ?????? ??? ??????

"cnntp" wrote in message
? "mazorj" ?????? ??? ??????
[...]

You can actually use both of them parallel so you can check their
reliability and decide after a few weeks/months what to do!
I have installed on my laptop both cnntp and giganews.
I've used them parallel for about 6 months and then I decided that I am
quite satisfied with cnntp so I dropped giganews.

rgrds

Old September 23rd 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message

"mazorj" wrote in message

? "mazorj" ?????? ??? ??????
[...]

Hello to all

Tell me, what is this big thing with "Eternal September"?

I always see the lack of "netiquette" at various levels in newsgoups
in September. The numbers spike up.

Many of the unemployed I have come across are full time
unpaid bloggers who answer the call to "Eternal September".

I'm not clear as to what your point is about eternal-spetember.org and your
perception of a spike of bad behavior in September. My issue was a purely
technical matter so the timing and the name of my news provider are purely
coincidental to the fact that it's September.

I am now between jobs now. My last job ended on 09/02/2010
with the 2010 U.S. Census (that lasted six months), and I am
waiting to start on my next job October 18th. Wish it would start now.

Speaking of "a lack of netiquette," why do you insist on imposing on us the
continuing saga of your inabiity to find employment? Even those of us who
might tend to be sympathetic are getting a bit weary of this mantra of
yours. It's OT even for threads that already are OT to numismatic
interests. And no one is going to offer you a job through your rcc posts.
Give it rest, okay?

(delete irrelevant historical report on the founding of e-s)

Old September 23rd 10, 11:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

"mazorj" wrote in message

I'm not clear as to what your point is about eternal-spetember.org and
your perception of a spike of bad behavior in September. My issue was a
purely technical matter so the timing and the name of my news provider are
purely coincidental to the fact that it's September.

Speaking of "a lack of netiquette," why do you insist on imposing on us
the continuing saga of your inabiity to find employment? Even those of us
who might tend to be sympathetic are getting a bit weary of this mantra of
yours. It's OT even for threads that already are OT to numismatic
interests. And no one is going to offer you a job through your rcc posts.
Give it rest, okay?

(delete irrelevant historical report on the founding of e-s)

Hello

As for OFF TOPIC, I am sure others in "rcc" would think
your original posting would be considered OFF TOPIC. I
never though of it as such.

I would not expect to here from others in my defense, since
they do show "a bit of netiquette". Something others in
"rcc" could learn from.

Old September 24th 10, 02:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
celtex

"mazorj" wrote in message

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message

"mazorj" wrote in message

? "mazorj" ?????? ??? ??????
[...]

No more off topic than your original post. Good luck on your employment
picture. Maybe a eyeball for the border? Maybe not...

Old September 24th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Sep 23, 6:56*pm, "Arizona Coin Collector"
wrote:

As for OFF TOPIC, I am sure others in "rcc" would think
your original posting would be considered OFF TOPIC. I
never though of it as such.

I would not expect to here from others in my defense, since
they do show "a bit of netiquette". Something others in
"rcc" could learn from.

Careful now! You might be labeled as a neocon, gored ox, racist,
crypto-something-or-another. The loss of your job was probably due to
the Bush administration anyway, and things will be better now that
"the annointed one" is in charge. AFAIK, he is probably directly
responsible for you getting the job in the first place. (Note sarcasm
directed at OP)

BTW...I for one miss your periodic posts which I found to be quite
informative.

Jud - awaiting OP response...this should be fun!-
8-)

Old September 24th 10, 07:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

wrote:

As for OFF TOPIC, I am sure others in "rcc" would think
your original posting would be considered OFF TOPIC. I
never though of it as such.

I would not expect to here from others in my defense, since
they do show "a bit of netiquette". Something others in
"rcc" could learn from.

Careful now! You might be labeled as a neocon, gored ox, racist,
crypto-something-or-another. The loss of your job was probably due to
the Bush administration anyway, and things will be better now that
"the annointed one" is in charge. AFAIK, he is probably directly
responsible for you getting the job in the first place. (Note sarcasm
directed at OP)

BTW...I for one miss your periodic posts which I found to be quite
informative.

Jud - awaiting OP response...this should be fun!-
8-)
=======================

mazorj - awaiting something from Jud to respond to, besides this meaningless
ad hominem drivel.

Old September 24th 10, 07:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"celtex" wrote in message
"mazorj" wrote in message

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message

"mazorj" wrote in message

? "mazorj" ?????? ??? ??????
[...]

You tawkin' to me? What part of his reply was on-topic? The background
text on e-s that I deleted was on topic to my on-topic post, but irrelevant.
My OP asking about the Internet propagation of rcc posts was well within the
core interests of rcc users, some of whom use e-s to read rcc. OTOH, his
frequent whining about his lack of employment has absolutely nothing to do
with any core interests of rcc.

Good luck on your employment picture. Maybe a eyeball for the border?
Maybe not...

You tawkin' to him now? I wish him well in his job hunt too - partly
because I do have sympathy for him, and partly because it would eliminate
the basis of his continuing OT blather about his luckless job-hunting. I,
too, appreciate his occasional reporting of on-topic news stories. It just
would be less annoying ("good netiquette") if he stuck to that.