GM's disaster CEO, Roger Smith, finally kicked bucket

Old December 11th 07, 04:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Oodles Of Noodles[_2_]

Default GM's disaster CEO, Roger Smith, finally kicked bucket

On Dec 11, 7:20 am, "trippin-2-8-trak" wrote:
Saturn was and is a damn good car. I had 2 of them, both 1991's- 4 door
sedans, with the DOHC 4-cyl, one was a stick 5 speed, the other an
automatic- and both were fully loaded with the SL2 package

both ran past 220,000 miles on the clock, and when I sold/traded them, they
were still running

This sounds like someone living in public housing, having to drive a
car that long because they cannot afford to get a new vehicle.

now I have an '02 wagon, which has more headroom and interior space/comfort
than the original '91's-

More perv room. The Saturn wagon is the second favorite vehicle of
perverts and other dregs of society, right after the Grand Prix GTP.

saying Saturn stold the plastic body from Pontiac, is STUPID- both Saturn
and Pontiac are GM's from the same company, that's sharing a good idea, not
stealing it. Who can bitch a rust-free body ? When I got rid of the 91's
both still had perfect bodies on them.

Which is more than can be said of your Fireturd.

you sound like a dumb ass to me

You sound like a bitter fat man who couldn't afford the real deal and
had to settle for GM's pseudo-japanese offerings.
Old December 13th 07, 12:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-trak

oops, my apologies WWW- the "dumb ass" comment was not meant for you

"William W Western" wrote in message
Saturn's designs were mediocre at best (the plastic skin idea was

robbed from Pontiac,
Let's hear it for the Fiero. Though plagued by other GM
short-sighted moves, still rust proof after all these years. The body
anyhow. I guess the days of the plastic body skins is over? From what I

hear
Saturn has switched to mostly steel. The 'Vette is some sort of moulded
business as opposed to panels tacked on a skeleton I think.
Wow, December has been bitterly cold up here. Much like the

winters
of the late 70s. Even the Birkenstock crowd is jonesin' for some Climate
Change (the ChickenLittle caper formerly known as Global Warming).

Old December 14th 07, 02:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

oops, my apologies WWW- the "dumb ass" comment was not meant for you
Mmmm, I actually thought you had written "numb ass" which
I could not argue with given the frigid December we have been handed.

Old December 14th 07, 07:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 01:43:30 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

oops, my apologies WWW- the "dumb ass" comment was not meant for you

Mmmm, I actually thought you had written "numb ass" which
I could not argue with given the frigid December we have been handed. snip

Well, Noodles has trouble figuring out who's going to get him first,
so he's liable to make lots of mistakes.

Frigid up there, eh? Perhaps your heat erred down this way, as we've
had the warmest November on record, as well as above normal temps in
December. I still have blossoms on my chrysanthmums...unheard
of...ever.
Old December 15th 07, 12:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-trak

perhaps an alternate heating source would help ?
wood, or coal ?

(chuckle...)

Old December 15th 07, 04:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

"trippin-2-8-trak" wrote in message
perhaps an alternate heating source would help ?
wood, or coal ?

I put up an extra cord of birch this year and have two
cords of seasoned poplar stashed out in Elma just in case, so no worries.

Old December 16th 07, 07:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-trak

good man- gotta have an alternate heating source these days !

burn a 40 lb. bucket of anthracite daily here, baseboard electric is shut
off at the t-stat

coal heats the place for only $3 a day

Old December 17th 07, 01:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 13:10:40 -0500, "trippin-2-8-trak"
wrote:

good man- gotta have an alternate heating source these days !

burn a 40 lb. bucket of anthracite daily here, baseboard electric is shut
off at the t-stat

coal heats the place for only $3 a day snip

What an ENERGY HOG! I heat my whole HOUSE for less than that with
natural gas! Fireplace? You lose as much heat as you get from one of
those things...it's for effect ONLY. You see, Noodles, back in 1978,
California adopted the most stringent energy efficiency standards for
home construction in the nation, which forced builders to use double
pane windows throughout, R-48 attic insulation, insulated electric box
outlets, the works. Now, it's really paying off handsomely. Credit
Jerry Brown, our then-governor, now-attorney general (and future
governor again) for that move. The builders spent millions to defeat
that measure, and Brown steamrollered them. Now, the wisdom of that
move is all too apparent when you compare my heat energy usage to that
of the wasteful, stupid Charlie Nudo. Also, did you know that
Californians use less water per capita than people in ANY other state?
Same thing...LEGISLATION demanded it...and now, it's paying big
dividends.

Charlie Nudo..polluting the atmosphere while wasting energy with a
flimsily built vacation shack on a daily basis.
Old December 17th 07, 11:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

coal heats the place for only $3 a day snip
What an ENERGY HOG! I heat my whole HOUSE for less than that with
natural gas! Fireplace? You lose as much heat as you get from one of
those things...it's for effect ONLY.

Dunno about Trip but I burn my wood in a cast iron parlour
stove. I have had the thing for 27 years and I doubt it cost me much more
than $200 and about the same for the chimney at that time. It was certified
air tight when I bought it, but that is a little shaky with a cast iron
unit. Anyway without it I would suspect the cold 30 days that we just saw
around these parts coupled with my old two story Victorian would run me $500
for natural gas. Plus the place would be chilly with the furnace cycling off
and on. The wood is from my place 55 miles east of downtown Winnipeg and I
bring back two cords at a time. I am out there anyway wandering about in the
bush so the cost is negligible. My gas bill that arrived yesterday from Nov
10 - Dec 10 was still a whopping $148. Winnipeg has no inversions and little
to no smog and the warm wood smoke hits the cold outside air and shoots up
to the sky so no nuisance to anyone. Back in the 50s and beyond most of
Winnipeg heated their homes with coal. It came/comes from the Saskatchewan
side of the Man/Sask border. You would think the soot would have been
everywhere but I do not recall it. I do remember when they delivered the
coal though. A big truck arrived and parked in the back lane while four
burly men filled burlap bags with coal from the truck put it over a shoulder
and walked to the coal bin door and dumped it and went back for another. A
different time in labour costs, eh? After they left a black coal dust trail
bespoke their labour for several days till the snow covered it.