(RCSD) A Question To The Newsgroup About A Freebie Stamp Project Idea

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 27th 07, 05:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default (RCSD) A Question To The Newsgroup About A Freebie Stamp Project Idea

Hi -

I have an idea that I want to toss around some. 'Twas thinking about
this while sorting out some sordid and sundry items.

I have sorted out 2 distinct groups of stamps, mostly all cleaned up
and not heavily damaged items remain in these 2 areas.

The first area is the off paper, 95% un-damaged goodies that I usually
send out. The second are is a combination of on-paper, definitives,
some commems and oddball stuff that I'm not too sure the beginning
collector may see as exciting.

We all have discussed the first group heavily, but I was thinking
about setting up a 3rd option for people requesting stamps.

1) 100+ U.S., as originally planned
2) 100+ W.W., as originally planned

3) A few ounces (or more) of mixed goodies from the second group. I
have spent a lot of time tossing out the trash (for another message)
and the remainder are about 85% clean.

What would you all think about this? Is it a good option? How much
would you offer, in comparison to #1 and #2 above? Postage may be a
little higher, but this would pass on stamps that may probably sit
around for years.

For the seasoned collector, there would be varieties, booklet singles,
coils, pairs, commems, etc., etc. - but for the beginner, they may
seem a bit boring? I dunno...

Let me know what you think, because this was an original RCSD idea
"back in the day".

Tracy