Is this worth it?

Old June 20th 11, 08:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
jogojoe

Default Is this worth it?

I am trying to decide if a model 1458 Rock-Ola in almost new condition
is worth the $2200 asking price. The box is all original and has been
serviced my a professional repair person. It has been in a private
home for the past 40 years and is for sale by the owner. What do you
experts think...I have to make up my mind quickly. THANKS :-)
Old June 20th 11, 11:51 PM
jeb1027 jeb1027 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogojoe View Post
I am trying to decide if a model 1458 Rock-Ola in almost new condition
is worth the $2200 asking price. The box is all original and has been
serviced my a professional repair person. It has been in a private
home for the past 40 years and is for sale by the owner. What do you
experts think...I have to make up my mind quickly. THANKS :-)
I don't know of any serious collector that would pay $2200 for a 1458 even in mint shape. I would think $1200 would be top of the top end. Some really nice condition 1458's have sold on ebay over the years for in the $500 -$800 range that needed some minor repairs. I dont see that juke as appreciating tremendously in the future. I actually like it better than the little R looking predessors but they never have been real popular with the collector market.
Old June 21st 11, 12:55 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Coinopwarehouse

On Jun 20, 3:04*pm, jogojoe wrote:
I am trying to decide if a model 1458 Rock-Ola in almost new condition
is worth the $2200 asking price. The box is all original and has been
serviced my a professional repair person. It has been in a private
home for the past 40 years and is for sale by the owner. What do you
experts think...I have to make up my mind quickly. THANKS :-)

Not sure why you would have to make up your mind quickly as no one
else is going to pay that price.
Old June 21st 11, 01:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
NJ Mike

On Jun 20, 7:55*pm, Coinopwarehouse wrote:
On Jun 20, 3:04*pm, jogojoe wrote:

I am trying to decide if a model 1458 Rock-Ola in almost new condition
is worth the $2200 asking price. The box is all original and has been
serviced my a professional repair person. It has been in a private
home for the past 40 years and is for sale by the owner. What do you
experts think...I have to make up my mind quickly. THANKS :-)

Not sure why you would have to make up your mind quickly as no one
else is going to pay that price.

I might be worth it. Only about 4000 were made. 120 selections is a
good number of records. Its not the most attractive box in my
opinion, but still very nice. You don't see many of these around. If
its in great condition, and that is important to you, then you should
get it. Getting a box that needs parts and rechroming at a cheap
price is false economy if you plan to spend the money to restore it.
Just get one in good shape to begin with.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike
Old June 22nd 11, 11:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tim[_4_]

I like the box.It has a good appeal.If I had the $$ I'd buy it in a
heart beat.
I don't think it's too much for the box. I've owned several boxes,and
worked on many more,and this is one of my favorites.
I guess I'm not considered a "collector" because I use my jukebox
and I am willing to give what I think they are worth,not what someone
else thinks they are valued at.
If you have the $$ and like the machine,I'd say go for it.You'll
probably regret it if you don't.
And no,they don't give them away on ebay as indicated above.Just look
for yourself.
Old June 23rd 11, 01:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Jun 22, 6:56*pm, Tim wrote:
*I like the box.It has a good appeal.If I had the $$ I'd buy it in a
heart beat.
I don't think it's too much for the box. *I've owned several boxes,and
worked on many more,and this is one of my favorites.
* I guess I'm not considered a "collector" because I use my jukebox
and I am willing to give what I think they are worth,not what someone
else thinks they are valued at.
* If you have the $$ and like the machine,I'd say go for it.You'll
probably regret it if you don't.
And no,they don't give them away on ebay as indicated above.Just look
for yourself.

its too much $$$ right now all jukebox prices have dropped 50% or
more , you pay that price you might never see your $$$ back its a
great time to buy but you must buy right , we been buying rowe cd
box,s for $100, old stuff is not bring anything, near what you could
sell it for 5 years ago
Old June 24th 11, 12:02 AM
jeb1027 jeb1027 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim[_4_] View Post
I like the box.It has a good appeal.If I had the $$ I'd buy it in a
heart beat.
I don't think it's too much for the box. I've owned several boxes,and
worked on many more,and this is one of my favorites.
I guess I'm not considered a "collector" because I use my jukebox
and I am willing to give what I think they are worth,not what someone
else thinks they are valued at.
If you have the $$ and like the machine,I'd say go for it.You'll
probably regret it if you don't.
And no,they don't give them away on ebay as indicated above.Just look
for yourself.
The guy wants to know market price.... In 30 years of collecting and buying and selling jukeboxes I can't recall anyone ever paying $2200 for a 1458...I'm sure someone might have as anything is possible. The market is down the tubes. Look at ebay and you will find that no one is even listing many jukes as they arent selling. The juke market has been driven for the last 20 years based on the Europeans buying tastes and the 1458 aint on their lists...I like the jukebox but $2200 in a falling market is a high price if you want to get your money out of it in the future. While debatable, as well allhear things differently, I would also add that compared to other jukes from 1958 its not the best sounding...

99% OF U THINK YOUR CARDS ARE WORTH 2X WORTH [email protected] Baseball 1 December 2nd 06 01:28 PM
99% OF U THINK YOUR CARDS ARE WORTH 2X WORTH [email protected] Baseball 0 December 1st 06 11:23 PM
Is it worth it? Brian Blackwell Coins 2 April 12th 06 03:37 AM
It's worth looking for it!!! mtl-can Hockey 0 March 12th 06 02:30 AM
What's this worth? Daniel Peart Coins 5 July 25th 03 10:44 PM