Major Brag

Old April 1st 04, 05:56 PM
Diane

Default Major Brag

This morning I was searching down the back of my settee for some loose
change for the bus to work, when my hand touched against some paper. For one
moment I thought I had got lucky and found a £10 note. Imagine my surprise
when a finally pulled the paper object out from it's hiding place, to find
that it was in fact not the hoped for £10 note, but one of the missing
copies of the Magna Carta. Just as my heart began to sink with
disappointment, I untied the royal ribbon letting the 13th century
manuscript slowly unroll, and to my wondrous surprise a £10 note fell out.

Best regards
Diane
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AAA-World-of-Books

Old April 2nd 04, 04:03 AM
BookEditions

This morning I was searching down the back of my settee for some loose
change for the bus to work, when my hand touched against some paper. For one
moment I thought I had got lucky and found a £10 note. Imagine my surprise
when a finally pulled the paper object out from it's hiding place, to find
that it was in fact not the hoped for £10 note, but one of the missing
copies of the Magna Carta. Just as my heart began to sink with
disappointment, I untied the royal ribbon letting the 13th century
manuscript slowly unroll, and to my wondrous surprise a £10 note fell out.

Best regards
Diane

Dear Diane,

Would you please mail me the money you found as I placed it by mistake inside
the Magna Carta the last time I was reading it.
PS: you can keep the Magna Carta as I still have three more copies of it.
Signed,
The King
Old April 2nd 04, 04:51 AM
Francis A. Miniter

Oh, that settee! It was stolen from my house ten years ago along with my
copy of the Magna Carta. Please send both by post.

Francis A. Miniter