Gia Carangi

Old January 8th 07, 04:30 AM
louise louise is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I have The Gia Carangi Interviews in DVD and VHS format

This videotape compilation contains more than two hours of rare Gia
footage and features TV interviews, profiles, reports and home video.
Footage includes the entire ABC 20/20 interview (1982), the E! True
Hollywood Story (2001), the ABC TV Special "Vanished: Shooting Star"
(2001), profiles from Extra (1997) and Hard Copy (1993), plus
segments about Gia from Oprah (1997) and Leeza (1997).

The most fascinating images are the actual live video of Gia walking,
talking, dancing, laughing, etc. We see two different home video
footage segments. One in which Gia is dancing around in a sleeveless
black t-shirt, and the other in which she is noticeably under the
influence. Additionally we see her doing a Perry Ellis runway show
early in her career, and a more polished (although reportedly
under-the-influence) Gia in the 20/20 segment.

While it is fairly tragic and saddening to see Gia in these video
segments, it does serve to fill the void with which all the still
photographs leave us. What did her voice sound like? How did she
talk? How did she sound after her voice-coaching efforts? How did
she move on the runway and under the influence? How did she react
when caught off-guard by bold drug-abuse questions in the 20/20
interview? All of those things which you can't get from looking at a
carefully crafted modeling picture. In addition, this video montage
paints a portrait of the ins-and-outs of the modeling world.

Throughout these numerous TV reports and interviews, we hear from
many people close to Gia: legendary fashion photographer Francesco
Scavullo, Gia's mother and two brothers, modeling friends like
Beverly Johnson, Juli Foster, Kelly LeBrock, Janice Dickinson and
Bitten Knudsen, Gia's makeup artists and object of affection Sandy
Linter, Cosmo editor Helen Gurley Brown, Elite Modeling Agency rep
Monique Pillard, "Thing of Beauty" author Stephen Fried,
photographers Michael Tannenbaum, Michael Ahearn and Michael Tighe,
plus friend Karen Karuza and re-hab friend Rob Fay.

Some of the segments include discussions and overviews of the
modeling industry and its sometime adverse effects on young girls.
Gia is often used as the example of this dark side of the modeling
industry.

The True Hollywood Story and Vanished: Shooting Star segments are
brand new from April 2001. Commercials have been edited out of these
one-hour documentaries. The footage that follows these two are
considerably older, dating as far back as 1982. The audio and video
quality is pretty good regardless. It's a little grainy in some
places, and the raw 20/20 interview at the end of the tape has a time
counter running across the top third of the screen. However, all of
Gia's portion of the 20/20 interview is aired clear and
time-counter-free in earlier segments from Vanished, True Hollywood
Story, Hard Copy and Extra.

I have worked hard to compile this comprehensive collection of Gia
Carangi footage.
For just $25. which includes shipping to the US I can share the
experience with you.
I accept Paypal and Money orders. I ship as soon as I receive payment.
Item should arrive in 3 days through first class mail.
please could you let me know how i can get the dvd and how to pay thankyou
Old January 8th 07, 04:39 AM
louise louise is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

[quote=Michelle]
[...]

Item should arrive in 3 days through first class mail.[/QUOTE hi there i would like to get the dvd please could you tell me how to get it and pay thank you Michelle] please get back love to have a copy
Old January 8th 07, 11:27 PM
louise louise is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up

[quote=Michelle]I have The Gia Carangi Interviews in DVD and VHS format
can somone tell me how to go about geting this dvd please please please someone know could you tell me thanking you louise

Old November 10th 07, 06:25 PM
SarahGia SarahGia is offline
Junior Member

I would be interested in purchasing this DVD. Please contact me at
Old November 16th 07, 07:19 AM
SarahGia SarahGia is offline
Junior Member

[quote=louise;464541]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
I have The Gia Carangi Interviews in DVD and VHS format
can somone tell me how to go about geting this dvd please please please someone know could you tell me thanking you louise
have you heard anything about paying for this dvd?