FS:$3.30 FV Silver

Old December 29th 03, 11:03 PM
Steve

Default FS:$3.30 FV Silver

2 Buffalo's, 4 War Jeff's, 4 Mercs, 6 pre-65 Roosies, 2 pre-65
Washingtons, 1 pre-70 Kennedy, and 1 pre-1900 Morgan

If interested, LMK by email and we'll work out the details.

Steve

Old December 30th 03, 01:42 AM
Paul

I believe that is $3.20 FV silver. The Buffs are copper/nickel. Note: the
Jeff's have a smaller % silver content than the other silver coins.

Paul

Old December 30th 03, 04:09 AM
Jim Seymour

Paul wrote:
Note: the Jeff's have a smaller % silver content than the other silver coins.

Smaller by weight, but the largest by denomination. War Nickels have
0.056 oz. of silver - meaning only 90 cents face value (18 coins) is
required to get an ounce of silver. Meanwhile a dime from the same era
has 0.072 oz. - meaning you need $1.40 in face value for an ounce of silver.

Stupid trivia, yes. But isn't that what we're all here for?

--
Jim Seymour

Toning: real, artificial, in between? -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 0 December 3rd 03 04:26 AM
Coin Toning Question ynotan Coins 3 October 6th 03 09:28 AM
Coin Talk Needs You Peter T Davis Coins 51 September 16th 03 01:19 AM
Collecting Silver Coin vs. Collecting Silver Bullion? Jay Quinn Coins 4 July 31st 03 06:50 PM