Need coin switch connections for SPU4 single pricing unit

Old June 15th 04, 11:07 PM
Joseph A. Tony Dziedzic

Default Need coin switch connections for SPU4 single pricing unit

I'm trying to help out a local teacher with getting his jukebox to operate
without a coin switch assembly. The assembly had been removed prior to him
purchasing the juke, and he's been using the service switch to rack up
credits. I'd like to wire up a connection to the 10-cent contacts on the
SPU4, but I don't have a schematic. Can anyone provide me with the pin-out of
the 6-pin coin switch socket on the top of the SPU4?

Thanks,
Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic
Old June 16th 04, 03:51 AM
Crazy George

Tony:

Don't have the book on the -4, but looking at the schematic of the -1 code
A, which is a 5 pin, here is what I see: One pin is grounded. Three of the
other pins connects to one credit solenoid (10¢, 25¢, 50¢) each. The fifth
pin is unused. Code B & C units have the 10¢ wired to 2 of the pins. So,
with your unit off, check with an ohmmeter for the ground pin. With the
unit on, there should be 24 VAC through the credit solenoids on at least 4
of the pins. Then use any other pin (what do you care if he gets 1, 2 or 5
credits???) for the other side of the push button. Or, experiment and find
the one you want. I suspect the 6 pin connector simply allows one more
credit value, so there should be no danger in grounding any pin. The ground
pin would have no action, each of the others will step one of the credit
solenoids.

Have fun!
--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address

Old June 16th 04, 12:25 PM
Joseph A. Tony Dziedzic

Unfortunately, the juke is not local to me, so the amount of hands-on time I
can spend experimenting is limited. I looked quickly at the internals of the
SPU4 where it connects to the coin switch connector, and all six positions
appeared to be used. That's odd, as there should only be four coin units (5,
10, 25, 50) plus a common.

In the end I may have to resort to experimentation; I'd prefer to avoid that
if anyone can supply the schematic.

Thanks,
Tony

Old June 17th 04, 04:54 AM
Dennis Lavin

Hi- I have a S100 Phono-Jet. I also have the (2)manuals for it. If you
want I could scan and email the schematic to you.

It should have a Single Pricing Unit, Type SPU4-56 in it.

Dennis Lavin.

(Joseph A. "Tony" Dziedzic) wrote in message news:W3Wzc.58337$HG.30307@attbi_s53...
This specific jukebox is an S100 Phonojet. It looks similar in electrical
concept to machines like an LPC; i.e., Tormat selector, but no black/gray
boxes as used in later "digital control center" models.

I don't recall the specifics of the SS160, but the UDPU *may* have a similar
coin switch arrangement. The connection comes in via a 6-pin AMP connector on
the top of the pricing unit.

Thanks,
Tony

In article ,
(Rob) wrote:
(Joseph A. "Tony" Dziedzic) wrote in message
I'm trying to help out a local teacher with getting his jukebox to operate
without a coin switch assembly. The assembly had been removed prior to him
purchasing the juke, and he's been using the service switch to rack up
credits. I'd like to wire up a connection to the 10-cent contacts on the
SPU4, but I don't have a schematic. Can anyone provide me with the pin-out

of
the 6-pin coin switch socket on the top of the SPU4?

Thanks,
Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Hi Tony,
Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what model(s) does an SPU4 go to.
I'm familiar with SPU1 and USPU1, and also UDPU4 (SS160). I may not
only have that model, but I may have the manual (schematic) too.
You've helped me in the past...I'd like to do the same for you.
Thanks, Rob

Old June 17th 04, 05:04 AM
Dennis Lavin

Tony, Here's the connections looking at the SSCC unit(from the Green
pricing unit receptical on SSCC )
Term Numbers:
1-Gnd.
2-24 VAC
3-blank
4-120 Volt switch
5-WI Cap
6-WI Trigger
7-235VAC H.V. / 120 VAC L.V.
8-120 Volt
9-235VAC H.V. / 120 VAC L.V.
10-(+) 150 Volt
11-(+) 40 Volt
12-Scan Control

1 4 7 10

2 5 8 11

3 6 9 12

Old June 17th 04, 05:29 AM
Dennis Lavin

Here is the correct 6 pin connector !
I goofed and looked at the wrong plug, Sorry !

OK, here they are as seen on the COIN MECH harness:

Pin 1 goes to the 5cent, the 10 cent, the 25 cent and the 50 cent
contacts.(all common connections)

Pin 2 goes to the opposite contacts of the 5 AND 10 cent contacts.
Pin 3 goes to the opposite 25 cent contact only.
Pin 4 goes to the opposite 50 cent contact only.
Pin 5 not used
Pin 6 not used.

Note :
pin 1 on the SPU4 is Ground.
Pin 2 goes to the 10 cent coil
pin 3 to the 25 cent coil and credit switch
pin 4 goes to the 50 cent coil
All these are inside the SPU4 !!

Hope this clears up things, I am running on very little sleep today.
Good Luck !! :-)

Old June 17th 04, 12:13 PM
Joseph A. Tony Dziedzic

Thanks VERY MUCH, Dennis! That will make it a lot easier for me to help this
guy out (he's our high school volleyball coach, and absolutely LOVES his
little jukebox).

Tony