Poodlebutt Under Pressure

Old November 7th 04, 03:44 PM
The Poodlebutt

Default Poodlebutt Under Pressure

Well, after scoring 1984's toughest cart to score yesterday for $36:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

......I am now finding myself with a small deluge of pitiful emails
from suckas eager to know if I really wanted the Rush. I've been
having a little fun telling these schmucks I was only in it for the
Bee Gees.

Funny thing is, I hate Rush. With a passion.
Old November 7th 04, 05:34 PM
winnard

"The Poodlebutt" wrote in message
om...
Well, after scoring 1984's toughest cart to score yesterday for $36:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

.....I am now finding myself with a small deluge of pitiful emails
from suckas eager to know if I really wanted the Rush. I've been
having a little fun telling these schmucks I was only in it for the
Bee Gees.

Funny thing is, I hate Rush. With a passion.

Rush is one of those bands, one day you like them, the next day they suck.
I went thru a RABID Rush phase in 1986 and 1996. I think the over-processed
guitar sound kills off some sensory cells in the central nervous system.
As of today, I can't stand Rush, but maybe 2006 holds hope.
BTW, I'm sick of Pink Floyd again.

winnard

Old November 7th 04, 07:07 PM
DeserTBoB

On 7 Nov 2004 07:44:10 -0800, (The
Poodlebutt) wrote:

Well, after scoring 1984's toughest cart to score yesterday for $36: snip

Aha..."collectomania!" I've done exactly the same thing with
LPs...the album sucks the bag, but GOTTA have it to 'collect the
series.' I truly hate Supertramp, but just HAD to have that MFSL
half-speed mastered release of "Breakfast In America" back when it was
released. Sonically, it's better, cleaner, very high quality ****,
but it's still ****. I also have "Aja" on MFSL, and it's had a few
more plays before I dubbed it onto CD-R, but it's not worth as much as
"BIA." But I have "BIA", and it's only been played once with a
MicroAcoustics 830csa cartridge. It's a bubblegum album in extreme
high fidelity I've been offered $70 for. Therein lies the raison
d'être of "collectomania"..."it'll be worth a LOT some day!"

.....I am now finding myself with a small deluge of pitiful emails
from suckas eager to know if I really wanted the Rush. I've been
having a little fun telling these schmucks I was only in it for the
Bee Gees. snip

REALLY screw with 'em and tell them you're just going to bulk erase
the Rush and use it as a blank...LMAO.

Funny thing is, I hate Rush. With a passion. snip

This is another facet to 8 tracks...not for the cheap music, but for
collector value. In this case, it's quite possible for the 8 tracks
to outvalue the original LPs by far. That's not my reason for
dabbling with carts...yet, anyway. I'm just after good copies of old
stuff for dirt cheap. One instance where people are paying bigger
bucks for 8 tracks over LPs: Zappa. Zappa's Verve stuff on LP is
like precious metal pricewise, and the carts aren't far behind, but
are still cheaper than good LPs. Just browse GEMM sometime and look
at asking prices for ****ty quality copies of "Absolutely Free," and
the carts become very appealing, despite their sonic deficiencies.

dB
Old November 7th 04, 07:12 PM
DeserTBoB

On 7 Nov 2004 07:44:10 -0800, (The
Poodlebutt) wrote:

Well, after scoring 1984's toughest cart to score yesterday for $36:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT snip

Pretty nice snipe job, by the way. I like to cut it down to 2
seconds, just because I can, but 9 is pretty respectable!

dB
Old November 8th 04, 12:22 AM
Daniel & Kathy Gibson

The Poodlebutt wrote:

Well, after scoring 1984's toughest cart to score yesterday for $36:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

.....I am now finding myself with a small deluge of pitiful emails
from suckas eager to know if I really wanted the Rush. I've been
having a little fun telling these schmucks I was only in it for the
Bee Gees.

Funny thing is, I hate Rush. With a passion.

Well, if AND when the time comes that you can live without, please let
me know, as the other half of my band is a rabid Rush freak, and that
may be the only one he does not have (I have to check with him).

Dan
--

Daniel and Kathy Gibson
http://www.katestrackshack.com
Old November 8th 04, 02:05 PM
trippin28track

(The Poodlebutt) wrote in message . com...
Well, after scoring 1984's toughest cart to score yesterday for $36:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

.....I am now finding myself with a small deluge of pitiful emails
from suckas eager to know if I really wanted the Rush. I've been
having a little fun telling these schmucks I was only in it for the
Bee Gees.

Funny thing is, I hate Rush. With a passion.

subject: Rush

I saw them in concert 3 times, starting in late 1970's-early 1980's.

Their best stuff is S/T-FLY BY NIGHT-2112-CARESS OF STEEL-ALL WORLD'S
A STAGE

Lifeson was heavily influenced by Jimmy Page. Listen to WORLD'S
STAGE, to the songs By Tor and Working Man, you'll hear the influence.

The second phase of Rush- Farewell to Kings, Permanent Waves,
Hemispheres, Exit Stage Left- they got progressive ala Yes- still
really good stuff in concert, but lost the raw mainstream rock power
of the early 1970's stuff.

Best studio LP- 2112
Best live LP- All the world's a stage

debut LP S/T ain't bad either, but has a different drummer on it, not
Neil Peart

each time I saw them in concert, they seems to hurry through their
sets a bit more and not as good as previous. But any show still rocked
hard. Let's face it, these guys get sick of playing the same songs
for 30 years, and the audience has changed, and the musical landscape
has changed.

Great lightshow too- especially during "In the Mood/Finding my way"

From: The Poodlebutt )
Subject: George Bush is gonna MASSACRE Kerry if this poll is correct....

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Date: 2004-10-04 17:07:09 PST

You want to bet on it like a man, Charlie?

If your boy wins, I will never grace this forum again after November
3.

If your boy loses, you will be the one to get the **** out and stay
out.

Do we have a deal? Do you have cajones that big, or is this one of
your last precious remaining lifelines, other than your feedback
rating?

LIVE UP TO YOUR CHALLENGE POST ABOVE PAUL- KERRY LOST- SO YOU CAN GET LOST.
Old November 8th 04, 03:16 PM
trippin28track

(The Poodlebutt) wrote in message . com...
Well, after scoring 1984's toughest cart to score yesterday for $36:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

.....I am now finding myself with a small deluge of pitiful emails
from suckas eager to know if I really wanted the Rush. I've been
having a little fun telling these schmucks I was only in it for the
Bee Gees.

Funny thing is, I hate Rush. With a passion.

WHAT ABOUT YOUR FALSE PREDICTIONS, PAUL ?? AS IN, THE POST YOU MADE, BELOW ??

From: The Poodlebutt )

View this article only
Newsgroups: alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Date: 2004-10-04 18:00:30 PST

It's not too late to change your vote, Charlie..........
Old November 9th 04, 12:28 AM
The Poodlebutt

LIVE UP TO YOUR CHALLENGE POST ABOVE PAUL- KERRY LOST- SO YOU CAN GET LOST.

My dearest pussy, you declined that challenge.